My new dermatologist recommended this regimen...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chattown
    • Jan 2018

My new dermatologist recommended this regimen...what do you think?

I finally saw a dermatologist today that seemed relatively well versed in hair loss, which was very refreshing considering my recent visit to a hair restoration clinic where I was told laser therapy and PRP were my best options.

The dermatologist did agree that I had mild bilateral temporal recession (I'm guessing I'm a NW2-3). But the rest of my hair seems to be in pretty good shape.

He recommended that I do the following:
    - Minoxidil 2x/day
    - Biotin supplement

He said it was too soon for me to start fin because of the potential sexual side effects and that we can reevaluate in a year after following the above routine. Because I just started dating again, I'm ok with holding onto my libido for a year. I know it's not a guarantee that I'll lose it, but still.

But I do I think I'm going to add
    - Nizoral 2x/week
    - Derma roller or derma pen 1x/week

Which derma roller/pen do you recommend I purchase? I'm a little lost in that regard.

Given my situation (see photos), how well do you think this regimen will work for me? Should I add anything else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	487579

Name:	IMG_2.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	487580

Name:	IMG_3.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	487581

Name:	IMG_4.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	487582
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

Did you mention both to your dermatologist? Always good to keep the paid professional in the loop.

Comment

Working...