+ Reply to Thread

Default Trying to make a choice (pics)

Hi I have posted before and im currently debating over starting propecia I want to stop further hairloss but whats putting me off is of course the sides as i mentioned before and also the fear of a big shed and no recovery from it which i guess would just be speeding up my hairloss when I feel if I sit it out it might last 2 years without looking so bad?

heres some pics of my hairline pulled back , the back of my head,and how it looks styled I do keep it long to avoid people notice im receding but some friends have no commented how it looks like im going bald which has really got me down alot.Judging from my pics does my hairloss look really advanced or early stages plus if you look at my older post around 7 months ago does it look worse? any advice on propecia greatly welcomed I know people have before but Im just so worried to start it

Your hair loss is advancing but you still have a lot. Chances are it will probably advance in time, so you really only have two choices. Do nothing and lose your hair in time, or try Propecia and potentially save your hair. If it doesn't work or accelerates your hair loss then you would be in the same place as if you chose to do nothing, To me there is really no downside to trying Propecia, but you have to be comfortable with your choice.

thanks for the reply winston did u mean advancing from my other pics in the other thread or just in general? also i guess the fear is although propecia will make me end up how i would have anyway if it doesnt work, it will get me there faster which i just worry about risking being bald in 1 year with propecia or being bald in 2 naturally. the longer im weighing up the risk the chances of saving what i have is getting smaller.

if only someone could say propecia will stop my hairloss as it is id take that and be happy with what i have for a few years with no regrowth i wonder if all the peach fuzz around my hairline would grow thicker or just still die out

Yeah, I was like you with similar hair loss.

"I will just grow it long until there is a real cure" "everything online is scams and some stuff just doesn't really work(rogaine I thought) and others give serious sides and are stupid(propecia)"

Boy, was I STUPID! Anyway, my hair loss eventually progressed and the hair on top of my head no longer had any decent anagen phase! I could not even grow them longer like I planned. It started going downhill fast.

Thats when I actually read more and starting using a lot of things that are proven to do something. My crown looked worse than yours, now it looks better. Minoxidil really does work! Especially on recent hair loss, which was my crown(few months).

Even my front/hairline is improving a lot. My hair is finally growing longer again.

I really think you should try propecia. Actually...I doubt you have a choice. I see no reason why not to try it. I read about propecia but I also read about the side effects and said, hell no! But with further reading and discovering i KNOW people who are using it safely I decided to try it. I have no sides. My hair is getting better...instead of worse! Thats a big difference!

Don't be a fool. Your hair is more important than you think. One day it will suddenly get a lot worse and you will regret not taking propecia.

Everything else is just a little help. Without taking finasteride your hair has very, very little hope.

If however you decide against it... then you should at least use nizoral. Definitely something like spironolactone also. But it's way easier to just pop a finasteride man. The sides are overhyped. Don't make the same mistake I made.

Also, read up on everything you decide to use. Everything does have side effects and I spent 2 months obsessively reading studies and forums and I am still confused about everything man...there is a lot to watch out for and a lot to know. There is a lot that works though!

Good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by fabio27 View Post
    thanks for the reply winston did u mean advancing from my other pics in the other thread or just in general? also i guess the fear is although propecia will make me end up how i would have anyway if it doesnt work, it will get me there faster which i just worry about risking being bald in 1 year with propecia or being bald in 2 naturally. the longer im weighing up the risk the chances of saving what i have is getting smaller.

if only someone could say propecia will stop my hairloss as it is id take that and be happy with what i have for a few years with no regrowth i wonder if all the peach fuzz around my hairline would grow thicker or just still die out
    The smaller hairs can be helped by finasteride, definitely. An even better option is minoxidil. Ketoconazole is a mild growth stimulator also(nizoral shampoo etc). You could also try retin-a, which has shown to promote epithelial cell growth, which helps the follicle mature again.

Finasteride is a must though. Otherwise you will just be putting new furniture in a burning house.

If you want to do something about your hair, first start with finasteride, then expand on that.

I mean advancing in general. The problem is that there are no guarantees with anything in life. Sometimes you just have to go for it and hope for the best.

The BIG3 would be better than just Finesteride alone, I use Topical Finesteride with added anti androgen blockers. This works superb with 15% minoxidil in one compound mixture lotion.

Finesteride
    Minoxidil
    Ketaconazole shampoo Nizoral/Regenepure DR
    Derma roller 1mm

Topical Finesteride should you want to try this option:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%21?highlight=

Funny when you read so many stories on here that I can relate too.

I too grew my hair like a previous poster.

But looking back the style was awful but I don't think I cared as It looked like I had a great head of hair just a bad style.

Then the crappy style got me down, I looked into treatments but was scared off but reading stories about Fin/minox......my hair got so bad I felt I had no choice and started both, then stopped...then started again and even though I didn't apply the minox correctly as I have very sensitive skin and just squirt it on but don't rub in I managed to regrow a good amount which enabled me to cut my hair and style it better.

Med's have been the best thing I ever did, I am still considering a HT in the future as I still have significant loss but I can cover it now.

What doing something positive about my loss was make me think about my hair a lot less and that was a huge change as I was obsessed with it. There are lot's of help around, lots of things to try if you want to.

Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best.