+ Reply to Thread

Default Graft growth post-op does this mean anything?

I've come across the following situations and I'm wondering if there is any evidence suggesting if thinks makes grafts more/less likely to grow:

1) The hair inside the newly transplanted graft grows immediately after surgery before eventually shedding. Most of the hair is like this and I expect it's normal. I'm seeing this in areas where I had decent density before the transplant.

2) The hair inside the newly transplanted graft doesn't grow before shedding. I'm seeing this in areas where I was naturally extremely thin before the transplant and I'm wondering if there is any evidence to suggest that this means the graft will not survive.

3) The scab comes off naturally during gentle washing/rinsing quite early day 3-4 postop. I'm mostly seeing this in areas where I was naturally extremely thin before the transplant whereas the areas where I had decent density before the transplant the scabs are quite firm and won't be going anywhere for a good 10 days.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about situation 2-3 and it makes me wonder if the recipient area itself can affect graft growth.