1900 FUE grafts with Dr. Rahal - So happy with my decision!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnJones54
    • Feb 2021

John Jones

Here at GM Tree Services Sale, we are a local tree surgery team with over 10 years experience in the field. Our arborists carry out tree trimming, tree removals, stump grinding and hedge cutting. We offer very competitive quotes and look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Get your free, no-obligation quote today for tree services.

Comment

• StayThick
      • Oct 2012

Yes, I’m going through the consultation and process now, but if I do it, I’ll need to accept co-workers will know. Just not thrilled about the looks I’ll get after I get the procedure.

I never had a shaved head so it’s clearly going to turn some heads. Is what it is.

Comment

• hashadfue
        • Mar 2021

Just had FUE with Rahal

Stumbled across this thread and had to reply as I finally had my 3000 graft FUE procedure with Rahal a few days back. Recovery is going very well so far!

While I am enjoying the virtual working environment, I too am concerned about what the reaction of my colleagues will be as I am on camera most of the day in meetings.

To make myself feel a little better, I've taken to a certain camera positioning over the last few months that cuts off the top of my head. A little odd perhaps, but nobody comments.

And I've taken a two weeks off before going back to work, so the sides will have grown back enough to be similar to some of the shorter cuts I have had previously.

While there is still likley to be some notice, this is the ideal time, imo. Nothing in person. Camera angles and lighting can be set up in your favour, and if all else fails, you can claim technical challenges with your cam for a bit, haha.

And while it has been said many times before - Dr. Rahal and the entire clinic/staff are top notch. The entire team is on top of their game and operates as a well oiled machine. I couldn't have asked for a better procedure.

Now for the hard part... waiting for the results

Comment

• StayThick
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hashadfue
          Stumbled across this thread and had to reply as I finally had my 3000 graft FUE procedure with Rahal a few days back. Recovery is going very well so far!

While I am enjoying the virtual working environment, I too am concerned about what the reaction of my colleagues will be as I am on camera most of the day in meetings.

To make myself feel a little better, I've taken to a certain camera positioning over the last few months that cuts off the top of my head. A little odd perhaps, but nobody comments.

And I've taken a two weeks off before going back to work, so the sides will have grown back enough to be similar to some of the shorter cuts I have had previously.

While there is still likley to be some notice, this is the ideal time, imo. Nothing in person. Camera angles and lighting can be set up in your favour, and if all else fails, you can claim technical challenges with your cam for a bit, haha.

And while it has been said many times before - Dr. Rahal and the entire clinic/staff are top notch. The entire team is on top of their game and operates as a well oiled machine. I couldn't have asked for a better procedure.

Now for the hard part... waiting for the results
          This is great to hear! Congrats on your procedure!

I am also working in that same type of corporate virtual environment. I’m on virtual calls throughout the day so I’m trying to figure out how I would be able to conceal it. I guess I could to a degree, but regardless, showing up with a shaved head (have never had a shaved head) will clearly throw people off.

Just hoping with lighting as you mentioned and with certain angles, I can avoid having anyone call me out on having a HT.

So you took 2 weeks off? How was the overall redness when you went back to work after 2 weeks? Is it noticeable on camera?

Great to see your experience with Dr. Rahal was a positive one. Are you also on Finasteride or Minoxidil?

Comment

• hashadfue
            • Mar 2021

Originally posted by StayThick
            This is great to hear! Congrats on your procedure!

I am also working in that same type of corporate virtual environment. I’m on virtual calls throughout the day so I’m trying to figure out how I would be able to conceal it. I guess I could to a degree, but regardless, showing up with a shaved head (have never had a shaved head) will clearly throw people off.

Just hoping with lighting as you mentioned and with certain angles, I can avoid having anyone call me out on having a HT.

So you took 2 weeks off? How was the overall redness when you went back to work after 2 weeks? Is it noticeable on camera?

Great to see your experience with Dr. Rahal was a positive one. Are you also on Finasteride or Minoxidil?
            I'm not at two weeks yet (not even at one yet!), but I have super fair skin, so I'm counting on using angle/lighting, and possibly some light makeup powder to disguise the redness which I expect will still be here.

I haven't been using either, but will go to using Min at the 2 week mark. I've used Fin for about 9 months about 15 years ago (I've used Min on and off over the period, with some success in stopping progression... I just often got lazy!). Didn't experience any of the traditional side effects with Fin, but I ultimately decided that some of the longer term unknowns weren't worth it. I'm considering topical Fin now, but studies are limited on the systemic implications, so it's more likley I will end up on Min + Nizoral + supplements (mainly centered on biotin and quercetin) + recc'd shampoo and conditioners + irestore helmet (though I'm notconvinced on this one either...).

In the end, I'm sure a collegue or two will figure it out.. and quite frankly, I'm just not sure I will care. It makes me happy, and any stigma associated with it is rapidly dissapearing.

And thanks! I'm really happy with the procedure so far! Happy to answer any questions!

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

I'm not at two weeks yet (not even at one yet!), but I have super fair skin, so I'm counting on using angle/lighting, and possibly some light makeup powder to disguise the redness which I expect will still be here.

I haven't been using either, but will go to using Min at the 2 week mark. I've used Fin for about 9 months about 15 years ago (I've used Min on and off over the period, with some success in stopping progression... I just often got lazy!). Didn't experience any of the traditional side effects with Fin, but I ultimately decided that some of the longer term unknowns weren't worth it. I'm considering topical Fin now, but studies are limited on the systemic implications, so it's more likley I will end up on Min + Nizoral + supplements (mainly centered on biotin and quercetin) + recc'd shampoo and conditioners + irestore helmet (though I'm notconvinced on this one either...).

In the end, I'm sure a collegue or two will figure it out.. and quite frankly, I'm just not sure I will care. It makes me happy, and any stigma associated with it is rapidly dissapearing.

And thanks! I'm really happy with the procedure so far! Happy to answer any questions!
              Thanks for sharing your experience. For somebody like myself considering Dr. Rahal (going through virtual consultation process now) your input is super helpful.

2 weeks in, how is the healing coming along? Is it still red and/or very noticeable? I plan on taking 2 weeks off for the procedure and then returning to work. Curious on the state of your hair at this point in time?

I’m currently not on Finasteride as I’m looking to start a family, but will jump back on it after I have healthy children. Finasteride has been vital for me in maintaining hair. I’ve lost tremendous ground already since stopping 4 months ago. The risk for defects just don’t outweigh the benefits for me though. I just can’t risk it.

But hopefully, I can hop back on after I get the procedure. Are you concerned you will continue to lose native hair around the transplanted hair without using finasteride?

Comment

• hashadfue
                • Mar 2021

2 weeks in, how is the healing coming along? Is it still red and/or very noticeable? I plan on taking 2 weeks off for the procedure and then returning to work. Curious on the state of your hair at this point in time?
                I am simply amazed with how quickly it healed, particularly the donor. I was back in out in a ball cap in 5-6 days.

I’m currently not on Finasteride

But hopefully, I can hop back on after I get the procedure. Are you concerned you will continue to lose native hair around the transplanted hair without using finasteride?
                While FIN would be ideal in many ways, I think a combo of other practices (min/LLLT/derma rolling/biotin/shampoos) should suffice. I am concerned, and may continue to do PRP on a 6 month basis as well in lieu of FIN.

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

How’s the healing progressing? Was your scalp still red/pink on top from where the hair was transplanted at the 2 week mark?

Your experience will help me make a really good decision so I appreciate you sharing.

How are you looking now a few weeks in?

Comment

• hashadfue
                    • Mar 2021

Definitely still some redness in the recipient area. Donor is pretty normal. But I'm super fair skin (read: pale skin, super British). I think it'll be another week before it becomes hard to detect.

My first week back at work - no comments aside from a super short haircut. Which, as I'd done it beforehand, didn't raise any questions. Camera angle strategy working very well.

Not sure if we can pm/DM here, but happy to send some pics your way if you give me an address/method.

Comment

• StayThick
                      • Oct 2012

Definitely still some redness in the recipient area. Donor is pretty normal. But I'm super fair skin (read: pale skin, super British). I think it'll be another week before it becomes hard to detect.

My first week back at work - no comments aside from a super short haircut. Which, as I'd done it beforehand, didn't raise any questions. Camera angle strategy working very well.

Not sure if we can pm/DM here, but happy to send some pics your way if you give me an address/method.
                      Can I connect with you via email? Not sure I can PM on here anymore. I can’t see the function. I would definitely want to connect. Can you share your email?

Comment

• hashadfue
                        • Mar 2021

You on Reddit? Send me a message at u/NOW15, or send me yours.

Comment

Working...