+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hashadfue View Post
    I'm not at two weeks yet (not even at one yet!), but I have super fair skin, so I'm counting on using angle/lighting, and possibly some light makeup powder to disguise the redness which I expect will still be here.

I haven't been using either, but will go to using Min at the 2 week mark. I've used Fin for about 9 months about 15 years ago (I've used Min on and off over the period, with some success in stopping progression... I just often got lazy!). Didn't experience any of the traditional side effects with Fin, but I ultimately decided that some of the longer term unknowns weren't worth it. I'm considering topical Fin now, but studies are limited on the systemic implications, so it's more likley I will end up on Min + Nizoral + supplements (mainly centered on biotin and quercetin) + recc'd shampoo and conditioners + irestore helmet (though I'm notconvinced on this one either...).

In the end, I'm sure a collegue or two will figure it out.. and quite frankly, I'm just not sure I will care. It makes me happy, and any stigma associated with it is rapidly dissapearing.

And thanks! I'm really happy with the procedure so far! Happy to answer any questions!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. For somebody like myself considering Dr. Rahal (going through virtual consultation process now) your input is super helpful.

2 weeks in, how is the healing coming along? Is it still red and/or very noticeable? I plan on taking 2 weeks off for the procedure and then returning to work. Curious on the state of your hair at this point in time?

I’m currently not on Finasteride as I’m looking to start a family, but will jump back on it after I have healthy children. Finasteride has been vital for me in maintaining hair. I’ve lost tremendous ground already since stopping 4 months ago. The risk for defects just don’t outweigh the benefits for me though. I just can’t risk it.

But hopefully, I can hop back on after I get the procedure. Are you concerned you will continue to lose native hair around the transplanted hair without using finasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    2 weeks in, how is the healing coming along? Is it still red and/or very noticeable? I plan on taking 2 weeks off for the procedure and then returning to work. Curious on the state of your hair at this point in time?
    I am simply amazed with how quickly it healed, particularly the donor. I was back in out in a ball cap in 5-6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I’m currently not on Finasteride

But hopefully, I can hop back on after I get the procedure. Are you concerned you will continue to lose native hair around the transplanted hair without using finasteride?
    While FIN would be ideal in many ways, I think a combo of other practices (min/LLLT/derma rolling/biotin/shampoos) should suffice. I am concerned, and may continue to do PRP on a 6 month basis as well in lieu of FIN.

I'm not at two weeks yet (not even at one yet!), but I have super fair skin, so I'm counting on using angle/lighting, and possibly some light makeup powder to disguise the redness which I expect will still be here.

I haven't been using either, but will go to using Min at the 2 week mark. I've used Fin for about 9 months about 15 years ago (I've used Min on and off over the period, with some success in stopping progression... I just often got lazy!). Didn't experience any of the traditional side effects with Fin, but I ultimately decided that some of the longer term unknowns weren't worth it. I'm considering topical Fin now, but studies are limited on the systemic implications, so it's more likley I will end up on Min + Nizoral + supplements (mainly centered on biotin and quercetin) + recc'd shampoo and conditioners + irestore helmet (though I'm notconvinced on this one either...).

In the end, I'm sure a collegue or two will figure it out.. and quite frankly, I'm just not sure I will care. It makes me happy, and any stigma associated with it is rapidly dissapearing.

And thanks! I'm really happy with the procedure so far! Happy to answer any questions!
    How’s the healing progressing? Was your scalp still red/pink on top from where the hair was transplanted at the 2 week mark?

Your experience will help me make a really good decision so I appreciate you sharing.

How are you looking now a few weeks in?

Definitely still some redness in the recipient area. Donor is pretty normal. But I'm super fair skin (read: pale skin, super British). I think it'll be another week before it becomes hard to detect.

My first week back at work - no comments aside from a super short haircut. Which, as I'd done it beforehand, didn't raise any questions. Camera angle strategy working very well.

Not sure if we can pm/DM here, but happy to send some pics your way if you give me an address/method.

Definitely still some redness in the recipient area. Donor is pretty normal. But I'm super fair skin (read: pale skin, super British). I think it'll be another week before it becomes hard to detect.

My first week back at work - no comments aside from a super short haircut. Which, as I'd done it beforehand, didn't raise any questions. Camera angle strategy working very well.

Not sure if we can pm/DM here, but happy to send some pics your way if you give me an address/method.
    Can I connect with you via email? Not sure I can PM on here anymore. I can’t see the function. I would definitely want to connect. Can you share your email?

You on Reddit? Send me a message at u/NOW15, or send me yours.