+ Reply to Thread

Default 2052 Graph FUT Procedure with Dr. Glenn Charles

I figured I would post the before and after pictures of my procedure for the community. I thought about having a hair transplant for a long time and Dr. Charles and I stayed very conservative with our approach, but I'm still expecting great results in a few months. I had a very receded hairline, and if you look at my Propecia album from 10 years ago you'll see it has always been extremely receded but has since stabilized thanks to Propecia. And yes, the penis works just fine.

I thought about getting this procedure since I was 26 (currently 35), so it is bizarre to finally be on the other side of having a hair transplant. The procedure was fairly painless. I didn't mind the anesthesia at all, but the last hour of the surgery became slightly uncomfortable because the donor area was tender and I was still on my back as they were inserting the final grafts. Apart from the first two nights where I definitely needed the painkillers to lay down on the donor area, recovery was a breeze.

I had another doctor who works with a plastic surgeon in Jacksonville take out the sutures and both she and my hair stylist( who is from Miami and has seen a lot of bad transplants) believe Dr. Charles did an exceptional job with the donor area. It's honestly a pain in the ass to attempt to find the donor area to show family and friends-- I believe that is a very good problem to have.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures but I think it will be best to show what the scar looks like in 6 months regardless since it is still susceptible to change.

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Charles and his staff and I hope the final results match the quality of my procedure. My first contact with their office was in 2011, so to say that they were patient and took the time to answer all my questions is an understatement.

Overall, the procedure was fun! People back home could not believe how clean and minimal the procedure appeared when I drove back to Jacksonville the following morning.

I am not going to update every month, but I will update at month 4 or 5 as the results begin to manifest. My fingers are crossed that I am a fast grower, but I've read enough of these threads to know to trust my doctor at this point and enjoy the recovery and growth, even if my growth is on the slower side of life. I added more pictures, but they did not show up for some reason. If anyone is interested, they are in my photo album.

My concerns will be density, but I understand that I have fairly fine hair so I know a second procedure is on the table in the future.

Videos of my procedure can also be viewed at drglenncharles on his Instagram page if you are interested. I look pretty dumb, but if it helps you it's worth it If anyone in Florida is considering a hair transplant and has any questions please feel free to message me. Of course, speaking of any results at this point is a bit premature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	58136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1949.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	58134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1957.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	58138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	58131   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1843.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	58132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1952.jpg

Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	58135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1951.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	58133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1883.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	58137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1950.jpg

Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	58140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1840.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	58139  

Hi there. I had a very similar procedure performed by Dr. Charles just 2 weeks after you (also on Dr. Charles’ Instagram) with 2017 Grafts placed in the corners/frontal hairline and looked pretty much the same (beat me slightly on the grafts)!

I can really confirm every word you said above and couldn’t be happier to have chosen Dr. Charles and his very caring team. I had very similar recovery (was happy though I got these prescription pain killers the first 2 nights).
    Dr. Charles also provides a H2Ocean Spray (Salt Water/Saline solution) which really helped for the itching/dryness and the scabs to come off much quicker.

My grafts were as follows: 1s: 702, 2s: 1007, 3/4s: 305.

Cheers and all the best recovering and update on pictures (most of my hairs have shed by now).

Well don e - Great dr!
    Regards
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi there would you mind sending update pics?