+ Reply to Thread

Default I Got My Hair Back, Got Lazy And Now Back To Square One

My hair loss journey begins in 2014 (24), my hair was slowly getting worse and worse and it wasn't until I took an actual photo of my head (The before pic on the far left) that I realized I need to take action asap. I did some research and eventually settled on 5% minocidil and 1mg finasteride daily. And I made sure to never miss a day.

I was seeing great results and experienced no side effects, as you can see from the after photo, in just over 3 months I had almost regained a full head of hair and I thought I conquered it.

I continued this regimen for a few more months before I started getting lazy. Minoxidil changed to needing a prescription and I started slacking and taking it every other day and then completely stopped taking it in 2016. My hair was still there but I never took any photos but it might have been thinner. I still continued the finasteride until that prescription changed to a generic 5mg that I needed to cut into 4. Cutting the pills would often make me completely forgot to take them everyday and I went months taking it here and there.

People starting commenting on my head saying I was going bald and I thought I would start minoxidil again. this is in 2017 and it did not go well. I had no problems with Minoxidil in 2014 and when I took it last year, I started getting severe face swelling, to the point I looked deformed with only a few days of use. I immediately stopped and face recovered. I thought I could have possibly got a bad brand because I got it online so I got the original brand I used and the exact same thing happened, within 1 day normally my face will swell and get extremely dry on my cheeks and under my eyes.

This brings me to now, July 2018. I took a photo yesterday and it looks like I have digressed back to where I was in 2014 (pic below)

I have decided to take 2.5mg of the generic finasteride (I think I should go back to the original 1mg ones, they seemed more effective than this generic). I am not going to miss a single day of the pills and will hopefully see some regrowth or less loss in monthly update pics. I am also contemplating getting a Derma roller.

Can anyone recommend anything else and provide any feedback on why I suddenly react so badly to minoxidil when I used to be perfectly fine with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair loss.jpg

Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	58099   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_153716_DRO.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	58100