Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyder_saad
    • Jun 2010

Shaving head after Hair Transplant

I got a hair transplant 2067 Grafts over 4 weeks ago. I have shaved my hair to 0.5 for the last two years every week and got to every 3 days by the end of it (To conceal my baldness). Since I got the hair transpalnt I have been waiting to start shaving my hair again but am not sure when it is possible to do so. Not all but most of my transplanted hair has shedded, is it okay to shave off the remainding transplants or should I wait for all of them to fall off. From what I understand the hair follicles are in place after 10 days and nothing can dislodge them, so i assume the hair is already meant to fall so cutting them would not do no harm.
  • CIT_Girl
    • Mar 2010

You can shave your head as soon as you are healed and there are no scabs- for most people this would be at 10 days to two weeks post-op. If a good deal of the transplanted hair has not shed yet, you might want to scrub your head a bit more vigorously when you shower, etc. but shaving your head at this point certainly shouldn't have any negative impact on future growth.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

You are safe to shave now. Just be a little more carefule not to cut yourself in the transplanted areas. You should also avoid direct sunlight at least until your skin has returned to its normal color and shows no redness.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• int815
        • Aug 2014

I am 1 week post op (FUE) . Can i buzz my hair with grade 3/4 in the second week as i am going back to work and it looks a bit odd as mine was a non shaving operation....... ???

Comment

• J_B_Davis
          • Dec 2008

You should ask your doctor, but generally that should be perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...