+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by scarremorse View Post
    Thanks for checking. I actually just went and met with Dr Lindsey late last week (I live 15 mins from his office). I came away with mixed feelings to be honest - he said he can absolutely put more hair it into the scar via FUE to help, however I did not realize that the hairs that have grown up through the scar from the trico (sp?) closure cannot be removed as they're too deep. And those hairs are a big part of the issue - yes more coverage inside the scar will help, but because those hairs grow at a different angle he wasn't all that confident that it would solve the problem completely. His suggestions were to A) just leave it as is, B) do another strip to get more coverage on top (not interested), or C) do the FUE into the scar, ~300 grafts - kind of in that order.

Don't get me wrong, Dr Lindsey appears to be a very talented doc and he was a great guy to meet and talk to - and he was very upfront and honest. I really enjoyed chatting with him, and he is one of the few doctors who will speak with you directly even over email (i sent him pics in advance). But him saying he wasn't all that confident i'll achieve the results I want was a bit discouraging.

I had reached out to Dr Cole's office and somebody on their staff said it was a super complex procedure that would require up to $15k to do and the result wasn't guaranteed either. Maybe the complicated part is digging those hairs out of the scar? Not sure. I also emailed a Dr Feriduni (found a couple good threads on his work) and he gave me a quote, said he could put ~300 FUE grafts into the scar and remove a few of the existing "clumpy" hairs around the scar. But he's in Belgium, and that didn't sound much different than what Dr. Lindsey would do, and he is practically next door...

anyway, if anybody has other suggestions of docs to reach out too for reference I'd be all ears, just to get third, fourth, and fifth opinions before taking the plunge. Otherwise maybe its just getting the 300 FUE into the scar and seeing how much visibility I'd be willing to live with.

Either way, Thanks again--
    Hey man! I reached out to Dr. Mohebi and he directed me to this link on his website. Look this over and see if the information is valuable to you. And reach out to me or Dr. Mohebi if you're interested in a consultation or just have specific questions for him.

Mohebi Scar Revision

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Hey all – thought I’d follow up on this post. I ultimately had about 300 FUE inserted into my scar by Dr. Lindsay in VA last July 2019. Grew it back and waited about 8 months before shaving again and wanted to share my results. I’ve been testing it out at different lengths to see where the sweet spot is and have a few thoughts:
    One side (behind my left ear) looks great very short, and worse at length. The other side (behind right ear) looks better with some length.
    The middle section along the back is still a problem area and not sure how to tackle that moving forward.
    I found that the absolute best case scenario was shaving with a #1 guard attachment. I was at a week-long conference for work and I’d cut my hair and shower at night, so sleeping on it pressed all of the hair down equally. I was still pretty self-conscience of people getting a straight on view of the back of my head, but I will say that’s the most comfortable I’ve felt in a while.
    So overall I do see improvement, but still see plenty of room for improvement. But progress is progress. Part of the issue I mentioned earlier is that the hairs that grew back through the scar (tryco closure) grew thicker and at a different angle, which is still noticeable. To that point: I did ask Dr Lindsay to remove some of these and he didn’t necessarily agree, however he did remove a few. Personally I wish I had pushed a little harder for more to be taken out as I still see that as an issue. In fact I spent some time in the mirror awkwardly bending my arm around the back of my head and using tweezers to pull them out, and to be honest some of the pics where it looks least noticeable are in those areas where I myself removed those hairs. So if I give this another shot that’ll be part of the conversation.
    In terms of the scar that’s left, I can live with any of it in sections, but the appearance of the continuous smiley face line across the back of my head is still bothersome. I am open to suggestions of ways to, not just fill it in, but break up that line so it doesn’t look so ‘intact’. I’ve even thought of having a ~1 inch FUT done as a way to break up that line – I’d be fine with a 1” scar to distract from the longer one, many people have small scars on shaved heads, and if its possible to use the hair from that to fill in the rest of the scar I’m certainly open to it.

Anyway, pics following:

Day of FUE, then 4 days later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9406.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	66312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9407.jpg

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	66313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9472.jpg

Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	66314  

(^^no clue why those uploaded upside down. Even tried flipping the photo and uploading it that way, but still upside down... will try again)

Shaving it down

Name:	IMG_3554.jpg

Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	66315   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3555.jpg

Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	66320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3557.jpg

Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	66321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3558.jpg

Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	66322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3565.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	66323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3566.jpg

Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	66324   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3568.jpg

Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	66325  

Growing out past a #1 guard

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg

Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	66326   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3843.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	66327   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3844.jpg

Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	66328  

#1 guard

Name:	IMG_3845.jpg

Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	66329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3846.jpg

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	66330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3847.jpg

Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	66331  

Just wanted to say thank you for posting these. Those pics look really great and if my procedure works like yours, I'm going to be pretty happy.