+ Reply to Thread

Default Do I have MPB? I'm new.

2 years ago I went to see Dr. Leonard in Boston and he told me I have Male Pattern Baldness. I'm 25 years old now. My brother is bald ( he's 27 ). I recently shaved my head because a friend of mine is going through Chemotherapy. Since I have thin hair all around, I didn't think I was going bald. Since I was told by Dr. Leonard that I was going bald, i've been on propecia and rogaine with laser comb as treatment.

My question for you guys is, with the treatment I'm using, can I keep what I have until hair cloning is available, or that new treatment by Histogen? I've been told they will have breakthrough treatments within the next few years so I shouldn't be stressed out.

My Picture :

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2424/34789208.jpg

I forgot to mention, I have a hair pulling problem as well, that is why I think the hair ontop of my head is thinning because of my obsessive hair pulling. I have stopped doing this recently, but I'm not sure if the pattern of thin hair ontop of my head is a result of that, or MPB

Is the photo with longer hair a current one? It looks like an enviable head of hair to me. With the shaved head it looks like you could be thinning on top, but depending on where you pull hair from, it could always be a result of that. Your hairline basically looks intact.

Yes, the propecia/rogaine can, if they work for you, help to keep your hair for a long time. I would ditch the laser comb though. It's widely accepted that they do nothing.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The long hair is 5 months old, shaved is recent. I've noticed people's pattern hair loss to be the same as mine, so I'm guessing I have MPB.

With this said, I hope I can keep what I got for some time. The future looks very promising for hair loss treatments, regardless of what the skeptics say. I know it might not come as early as they say, it's a business, but in the near future for sure.

I agree with mattj, Propecia and Rogaine are two of your best options right now. Although it's unlikely that you will regrow hair on either of these therapies, many men have success with stabilizing their hair loss with the use of these treatments. There's no telling when/if the break-through treatments you mention will be available but, by sticking with Propecia and Rogaine, you are buying yourself time and putting yourself in the best possible situation for the future.

Thanks for the replies, I'll get back on Rogaine and hope it helps my thinning hair.