+ Reply to Thread

Default Status of Potential Future Treatments

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the progress of hair multiplication and the stem-cell treatments that Follica's researching? I'm trying to keep up with these but I haven't heard anything in a while.

I'm 32 years old and am somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3 I think. I'm desperately hoping for one of these treatments to come to fruition in the near future. Sometimes I hear 3-5 years and sometimes I hear 8-10.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for any update on the current status of the research going into these treatments. Lets keep our fingers crossed people, because losing hair just plain sucks.

Default Response to Follica Inquiry

Howdy!

I am in the same boat. I have always had widows peaks, but I have a pretty good thinning crown. I have been using Avodart as my primary weapon over the past two years or so. I stopped the Avodart, not because of side effects, but because of economic reasons. As I expected, I lost quite a bit that I had gained. I am using 5% Rogaine foam with a .15% concentration of capsacin (for IGF-1 upregulation). Needless to say, I keep my eyes and ears wide open for new developments, especially with regard to Follica. Over the past year, Follica has received quite a bit of money from investors - in the ballpark of $20 million. They conducted clinical trials on human subjects in Boston, but only for the dermabrasive aspect of the treatment. The WNT-10b
    protein treatment has not been tested as far as I know, but that will be soon by all accounts. What impresses me is the list of primary players involved in Follica...we have J&J Pharmaceuticals and Genentech to name just two. Go to http://www.follicabio.com which is there official page. Hope this helps.

-Tom.

Hey,

Interesting post. I am currently 32 years old, probably about a Norwood 2/3ish. I am currently looking into getting a hair transplant with Dr Hasson/Wong for my overall thinning and widow's peak. I can just imagine if they're able to make an endless amount of hair to be transplanted. Wow. No drugs, shampoos, routines, stress, hats. I guess we can hope!

That's all we have it hope.

Quote Originally Posted by baldingpittfan View Post
    That's all we have it hope.
    We always have hope, I just hope things happen fast