+ Reply to Thread

Default Cold Weather Vs Baldness, Generic Vs Branded Finasteride

Hi guys,

1) Does the harsh cold weather (Canada for example) accelerate the balding progress or make follicles more and more sensitive to DHT ? I am quite concerned about this since I am traveling to Canada for my study and my brother, who ended up shaving his head due to baldness, blamed that it was due to the harsh cold weather. Well, this might not be true, but it just freaks me out. Desperately need advice

2) I saw quite a number of online pharmacy in Canada (for example: globalcarerx.com) that offering generic finasteride at a very appealing price (10 CAD for 100 tabs of generic from India). Are they reliable or scam ? Is the generic finasteride from India reliable ? Sound too good to be true ?

3) Is the generic finasteride as effective as branded ones (propecia) ? By right, it is expected to perform the same, however, I just want to hear from those who tried the generic.

4) What are the best / common generic finasteride in the market right now ?

5) Will FDA strictly control the quality of generic finasteride that is produced outside the US (for example, those generic finasteride from India, Thailand, etc.) ? Or they just dont care and consumers have to take at their own risk ?

Many thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba92 View Post
    Hi guys,

1) Does the harsh cold weather (Canada for example) accelerate the balding progress or make follicles more and more sensitive to DHT ? I am quite concerned about this since I am traveling to Canada for my study and my brother, who ended up shaving his head due to baldness, blamed that it was due to the harsh cold weather. Well, this might not be true, but it just freaks me out. Desperately need advice

2) I saw quite a number of online pharmacy in Canada (for example: globalcarerx.com) that offering generic finasteride at a very appealing price (10 CAD for 100 tabs of generic from India). Are they reliable or scam ? Is the generic finasteride from India reliable ? Sound too good to be true ?

3) Is the generic finasteride as effective as branded ones (propecia) ? By right, it is expected to perform the same, however, I just want to hear from those who tried the generic.

4) What are the best / common generic finasteride in the market right now ?

5) Will FDA strictly control the quality of generic finasteride that is produced outside the US (for example, those generic finasteride from India, Thailand, etc.) ? Or they just dont care and consumers have to take at their own risk ?

Many thanks guys

1) NO!

2) Google is your friend, eh? See if people have the problem with the generic. Generic from India, sold by a Canadian pharmacy should be fine.

3) It should perform the same, same ingredients. It is rare for a doctor to prescribe branded meds, if there is a generic alternative.

4) Shouldn't it all be the same?

5) US FDA does foreign inspections, as does Health Canada.