+ Reply to Thread

Default 2 month finasteride shed..advice needed

Hey guys, new here, 23 years old, wanted to share my story and hopefully get some advice as I'm going through a hard time atm. (Sorry it's gonna be quite a long post)

So in about march 2017, when I was going through a lot of personal problems (not sure if this contributed to it?) I noticed my hairline was receding. Over the course of the last year I noticed it was slowly but gradually receding further, so in April of this year I decided to get on propecia 1mg, hope that it would halt my hair loss, and eventually in the future get a hair transplant.

For the first 6 or so weeks on propecia, everything was going fine, no shed, no sides, and I was feeling fairly optimistic. But on the 7th week and the 3 weeks following I've noticed I'm losing hair. My hairline is very quickly getting worse and I feel like I'm losing hair on the top of my head too (which I didn't think would ever be an issue as my brother is probably nw3 and has no crown hair loss, just hairline).
    Every time I run my fingers through my hair I get 2/3 long hairs come out, I'm probably shedding 50-100 hairs a day, not entirely sure as it's hard to count. I don't get any hairs on my pillow when I wake up though or in the bathtub, just when I run my fingers through my hair. It seems to be getting worse and more severe by the day, and its really affecting me.

Is this a normal shed? Or am I one of those people who respond badly to fin? If I continue shedding at this rate how much longer should I keep taking fin before deciding whether it's working or destroying my hair? I didn't think it would be this bad.

I've read countless threads similar to mine (with contrasting results) and know ultimately, there's no way of knowing exactly as every individual reacts differently to medication, but I was just hoping to get some advice/feedback/comments as I'm really scared right now and I don't know what to do.
    Thankyou in advance for any replies.

Forgot to add - my hair quality feels worse. Dry, less density. I've had no other sides from propecia, maybe a slight increase in libido, nothing noticeable, and today my head has been quite itchy, but other than that no sides.