+ Reply to Thread

Default 27yo Diffuse Thinner, On Propecia 1mg / Rogaine, Went From Nw2.5->nw4 In 6 Months

This is my first time posting on a site like this but my hair loss has gotten to the point where its starting to scare me quite a bit. A little Background:

I am a diffuse thinner and always new my hair was going to thin out eventually (genetics), but never thought it would be this early in my life. My hairline has been slowly receding from early 20's till last year until I decided to go ahead and do something about it. I went to see my derm, and he put me on propecia 1mg/ day and suggested i try minoxidil as well. I wanted to give propecia a shot first as I heard the shedding stories from minoxidil, but hair got so thin, I eventually started applying Rogaine as well. So for the past 6 months, my routine was:

Propecia 1mg / day (6 months)
    Minoxidil (twice daily) (2.5 months)
    Vitamin D supplements (Just started - please see below)

Ever since my treatment started, my hair loss has accelerated and i have lost density all over my scalp (back and sides are still fine and thick however) these past 6 months, going from a NW2.5/3 to easily a NW4 within this time frame.

Went back to Doctor and he suggested I try switching to dutasteride instead. So i just started adding this into my regimen, (still taking Propecia, but adding in dutasteride every third day to try to ease it into my regimen).

Nothing seems to be working at the moment, so my question is, where do I go from here? I am considering a hair transplant as well if I don't have any other options.

Additional things to note:
    Got some blood tests done, came back with the following irregularities:
    Free testosterone levels -> higher than normal (assume due to propecia). (But overall T levels seem within range)
    Estrogen levels -> Higher than normal
    Iron -> higher than normal
    Vitamin D -> slightly defficient (Have started taking vitamins to counter this).

Also hair has always been thin and curly/weak so im a little scared getting a hair transplant too. On top of this, I would look REALLY bad bald, so I am trying everything I can to maintain what I have.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Since u have been on minox only for last 2.5 monts so it can be ur shedding. Hopefully hairs will be back in next 7-8 months..