+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How bad is it?

Default How bad is it?

I'm 19, have been worried about my hair for quite a while now. Took a bunch of photos. What do you think? Should I be worried?

https://imgur.com/a/l0SmFX2

My crown area is similar to that when i take a picture after the gym or when i have sweated before the pic. Also when I part it in the middle aswell. So I would really think you shouldn't worry for the moment. Just keep an eye on it and take prictures every 1-2 months and after 6 months compare them.

Inactive

In the broader sense, worrying isn't going to help you, regardless of how your hair ends up. It does look like it may be thinning, but the best thing you can do to help combat the worry/anxious feelings is to take action to see what it is you can do to slow down the process. Meet with a dermatologist, see if they recommend getting on finasteride, monitor your hair on a monthly basis (don't check it every day or you'll drive yourself crazy), and if it reaches a point where you think it really starts to look thinner, play around with different hairstyles and products and see if another one works better for you. With the texture of your hair, the longer look probably isn't going to do you any favors in the long run.

The unfortunate reality is that the vast majority of men will experience some sort of hair loss at some point in our lives. The quicker you can accept this and take the necessary steps to find the healthy balance of "accepting it and combatting it", the happier you'll be in the long run.

And fingers crossed whatever hair loss you end up having is super minimal and easily treated. Wishing you all the luck in the world.