Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austinh99
    • Jun 2018

19/Paranoid about hairline??

Okay, so I'm 19. I've always been known as "the dude with long hair." Recently I've been somewhat paranoid with my hairline. I don't know if there's actually anything going on, but I'm worried?
    Background info - My grandfather (mom's dad) had a full head of hair (also verrryy long) up until his death in his late 50's. My mom's mom has been experiencing some balding (late 50's.) I don't know my father so I have no information on any genes from that. Any loss/receding hairline or am I just paranoid?
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

Hard to tell, I see some thinning at the hairline and the classic "V" pattern. I would say... a Norwwod II on the scale. The big question, do you have pics from a year or two ago to compare?

Comment

• austinh99
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by BaldBearded
      Hard to tell, I see some thinning at the hairline and the classic "V" pattern. I would say... a Norwwod II on the scale. The big question, do you have pics from a year or two ago to compare?
      Thank you for your response! I don't have any pictures like these from that long ago, mostly because I've been taking pictures just now because I'm paranoid. I was looking through photos from a year or so ago though and I noticed that the thinned out looking area by where I part it has always been there? I really hope I'm not losing hair..

Comment

• BaldBearded
        • Jan 2017

Hair on your pillow? Shower, excess hair in your brush?

Have you always had a v-shaped hairline?

Comment

• austinh99
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by BaldBearded
          Hair on your pillow? Shower, excess hair in your brush?

Have you always had a v-shaped hairline?
          I do lose some hairs each day but seeing as how long it is (down to my chest) I'm pretty it's natural and I'm overreacting.

Comment

• BaldBearded
            • Jan 2017

You can lose up to 100 hairs a day, it's normal process.

I would keep an eye on it, try to get yourself too anxious. Take pics in six months to compare... and come back here...

S.

Comment

• mattj
              Doctor Representative
              • Oct 2009

You're more likely to notice lost hairs simply because they are longer. Your hairline seems to have matured into a Norwood 2. Unfortunately there isn't any real way to tell if this will progress until it does. It isn't unusual to have a hairline like yours at the age you age. I would advise to just keep an eye on it for now.
              I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• austinh99
                • Jun 2018

Sorry to waste anyone's time but I did find some pictures from a year+ ago, and it looks exactly the same as it does now so I guess it was just me being paranoid.

Comment

Working...