+ Reply to Thread

Default Please guys help me, I am frustrated :(

Hey guys

I am new here and I am actually really happy to be here. You are all in the same boat and I hope you can help me
    I am currently 21 years old, turn 22 in July and I am suffering from receding temples. The first time I noticed my hairloss was when I was 19 years old during my holidays. I had a time where I really lost many hairs, especially in the shower. Now, since one year, my loss has really gone back and I don't lose that many hairs, maybe 30 hairs in the shower after not washing my head for 2 or 3 days. On 16th February 2018 I started with Minoxidl (Regaine foam) because I was really upset about my receding temples. The rest of my head and the back is full but my temples are getting in this weird "U" shape. Not much, but it just bothers me and I look like an idiot and hate myself right now. I always had a high forehead but my hairline was "even", just a line from the left temple to the right one and there was not a single place where it went back. Now, it's my 107th day of Minoxidl which I apply twice daily and I think it ruined my left temple. It looks way more receded than before the treatment. I don't know what to do. I apply it twice daily, I wash my hair with a paraben/sulfate free shampoo and a paraben/sulfate free conditioner since one year, I take a zinc/vitamin c and biotin supplement daily (it can block 5 alpha reductase) and my hairpaste is without harsh chemicals and actually all natural. I don't dry my hair with a blow dryer, I don't color my hair, I don't wear caps and I use a dermaroller once per week. My diet is actually really decent. I don't drink alcohol since 4 years, I never smoked, I don't drink caffeine or energy drinks. I don't know what to do. My hairline does not get better. There are some hairs coming out of the right temple but the left one is just insane bad. Should I stop Minoxidl? Or try it for another month? 107 days and it actually did nothing.

As for my genetics, I am ****ed up to be honest. My mother has thick and really dense hair, her father had a full head of hair with 65 and my uncle has also a full head of hair. But my father (NW 6) and 2 out of 3 brothers are also bald and his father (my grandfather) was bald. I am really upset and I sound like a retard, but I actually am so concerned about it and thought that minoxidil would help me. My dermatologist told me to start with minoxidil but she didn't even saw my hairline, just my bangs which are really "soft" after 2 days. Right after washing my hair and pat drying my hair, they seem strong but 2 days later they are just soft. My head alsk itches sometimes, like something is crawling. It iches everywhere and even at the back where the hair is DHT resistent... man I don't know what to do. I just want to keep my temples.