+ Reply to Thread

Default Story of 2 Transplants Mcgrath and Cooley

Please see my other thread here for the original story of my transplant with Dr. Dan Mcgrath:
    http://www.**********************.co...-8-months.html

3 pictures are the night post-op from Dr. Cooley. The last is my picture from post-op the night of surgery with Mcgrath when I had it 1.5 years ago.

I just had my transplant with Dr. Cooley to fix my previous transplant from Dr. Mcgrath who did give me a 50% refund and apologized for the procedure. I did appreciate him doing that. However, in hindsight and after this experience I could not possibly recommend the clinic.

Here's how the day went with Cooley.

He started by spending over 30 minutes discussing exactly what I wanted while actively encouraging me to show examples to him and explain all of my concerns

We then moved into his photo area where he himself took the photos (a tech took them in my last procedure). Then he spent ~30 minutes analyzing my hair from every angle, measuring my head and hairline, and discussing what may be needed as long as I was okay with it.

At the end of this, it was decided my hairline was created too low, with far too little density, along with grafts being thicker one hair grafts then he would have used. He later told me the procedure was more complex then he expected because of the high density I was looking for, the tough scar tissue, and over 200 grafts having to be removed all along my hairline with electrolysis to really clean it up and create a more appropriate hairline to match my head shape and facial structure. I can already tell! (those are the red splotches at the front). I'd prefer a higher hairline with more density any day over a lower one and thankfully he agreed.

After this discussion, we moved into his surgical room, he spent a long time carefully removing the strip and old scar. He had to take extra care because there was a lot of scar tissue and he did not want to transect any follicles. He closed up the donor using a double tricho closure and also stuffed it full with Acell to further promote healing. I am to keep the suture in for 3 weeks, it was only 10 days on my last procedure. I am confident this will greatly help with keeping my scar from stretching.

From there he started creating incision using different size tools based on where the hair was placed, this was an extremely methodical process with only maybe 50% being done then, while the rest were created later using the stick and place method.
    ~5 techs dissected hairs delicately into 4 categories. FINE single hairs, normal single hairs, doubles, and triples or higher. The fine single hairs are especially important for me because of my coarse dark hair on light skin.

Then, we took a lunch break with an amazing lunch they wheeled in for me.

After lunch he injected PRP all along my scalp to help with thinning areas and also promote healing where he placed the graft and in the donor area.

Finally, they started with graft placement. The amazing thing to me was that Dr. Cooley was there every step of the way. I believe he actually placed the majority of the grafts himself, I mean it when I say this guy is a machine. It is absolutely amazing what he does and how well practiced the process felt from start to finish.

After that, he gave me a bag of medication, topical solutions, and sprays. This also included very detailed instructions all nicely written down for every step. He went over them verbally with me as well.

Truly a night and day experience. I think the post op photos here will speak for themselves.

NOTE: Again, the large red splotches are from electrolysis removal of old grafts. These should fully heal in less then a week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_210204_12.jpg

Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	57501   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_210221_1.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	57502   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161218_174528[3239].jpg

Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	57503  

2 Week Update as well.

See pictures. A bunch of my grafts have begun to shed. I had minimal to no scabbing of any kind. I have also taken a picture of my donor to show the strip area. I still have sutures in for another 1 week or so before I will travel down to have Cooley take them out.

I am amazed at how the donor area is barely even red. Amazingly this hurts less then the donor area from Mcgrath did at 3 months, and it was extremely red, as you'll see if you check my other forum on him.

Very happy with the progress so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_163929.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	57504   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_163936.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	57505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_163941.jpg

Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	57506   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_164009.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	57507  

Arrow

Dear Speran49

Please take the time to read our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service. Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and policies in order to participate on this forum.