+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Killing the itching.

Hey guys.

I'd trying to get rid of the itching in my scalp. I've read that in order for propecia to work the best, you need to kill any itching or inflammation.
    I've been using the nizoral shampoo for around 10 days now and its only on the day i use the shampoo my scalp isn't itching. Do you have any tips on what to do in the two days between using the shampoo?

Maybe i could get a head and shoulders shampoo and use it on day two so it would be like:
    Day 1: Nizoral
    Day 2: H-S shampoo
    Day 3: Nothing
    Day 4: Nizoral
    Day 5: H-S shampoo
    Day 6: Nothing

But i dont know if thats too much shampoo?
    Btw, my itch isn't that bad but it's just enough to be really annoying.

Thanks. Take care.

I use Dr. Lee's Regrowth shampoo.

It stopped my scalp from feeling like that within the first use. I thought it was a miracle! lol

Yeah, it was really really annoying to me too. I used it everyday for about 2 weeks just because I liked the shampoo. Made my head feel awesome, but look crap. It washes your hair too thoroughly if you use it too often and then leaves the hair looking flat.

What % ketoconazole are you using? 1% or 2%?

Are you on minoxidil or propecia? Since itching is very normal on minoxidil I guess. I get slight itching from it.

I can't find the regrowth shampoo anywhere. Do you have a link or do you buy it in a store?

Im only using the 1% keto, since it requires a perscription the get 2% in Denmark.
    Im on Propecia, thats all.

Minoxidil is the most effective treatment for regrowth. You should at least give it a try.

You can only buy Dr. Lee's products from minoxidil.com.

I swear by his stuff since they are really helping me hair. I love the shampoo...It's really awesome. My scalp felt really bad, itchy and just WRONG before I used that shampoo. Careful though, if you wash with it too much it can really leave the hair quite flat. Use it 2-3 a week or so. Mine lasts a really long time. It's 2% strength.

I would use nizoral every day for a week.... then use every other day.
    Inflammation is a massive part of hairloss..... so you should incorporate some anti inflammatory supplements into you regime. Green tea, fish oil and curcumin are excellent anti inflammatories to take.

Ive been considering minox but im just terrified of the shed you will get. Im already on propecia and sheding some (10days in). And then there is the hassle with applying it two times a day.

Can't order the regrowth shampoo since im in Denmark :/

jooder, how do you apply green tea?

You don't apply green tea you should take it internally. I brew two large pots each day steeping it a long time and I drink it with meals. Although there is no long term clinical trials on its efficacy it can't hurt and it tastes good.
    Dr. Marty Sawaya regarded as a leading expert on hair loss has written some interesting articles on it if you google her name and green tea you can read her opinions. Hope this helps.

Ah okay. Thanks.

I would suggest that you continue using Nizoral just twice a week and using a gentle and/or all-natural shampoo the rest of the time. If the Nizoral alone doens't combat your dandruff, you could also try using Head and Shoulders one to two times a week on the non-Nizoral days. You should be sure to leave both shampoos on for 5 minutes before rinsing, so that they can penetrate the scalp and do their job. Hair Cycle is a good gentle and all-natural shampoo to use on the days you are not using Nizoral or H&S.

I think ill try the h&s shampoo then. But i've always been told that you should only use shampoo every other day? Something about it being unhealthy for the hair if you use it every day.