+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Shampooing every day can be drying to your hair but I think that's mostly just a concern for those with very long hair (they're usually told to only shampoo their roots so as not to try out the ends). You should be fine shampooing your hair as often as you feel is needed.

Jewil - You can drink green tea or take it in capsule form if you dont like the taste, most health food stores stock some form of green tea supplement. Controlling inflammation is key in hairloss , and that is why a persons diet is crucial. Sugars, starches, white bread and pasta etc are all pro - inflammatory, so it is critical that the balance is addressed by taking anti - inflammatory foods. Unless you are going to change your diet radically, the only way to do this is through supplementation.
    I could go on and on, but the best advice i can give is to visit immortalhair.org. I dont take everything he suggests but the basic advice is very sound.

What about other teas? Do they help?

I think it is only green tea but you should read what Dr. Marty Sawaya says about it that was the article that got me thinking about it.

I will look into the green tea thing.

Btw, even though i've started propecia im still shedding. I think its a little less. If i run my hand through my hair i will have 0-4 hairs in my hand. Rarely 4, but often 1 or 2. Is that much? It really bothers me since my hair is starting to get a little thin.

How long have you been on Propecia? Shedding for a couple of months is common when you begin a new therapy. Shedding is a sign that Propecia is working for you and you should definitely try to stick with it so as to see a benefit.

Well, i've been on it for 15 days now i think. I know it takes long time for it to work, but im just a little impatient I would hate if the effect first kicks in when my hair has gotten so thin it's noticeable.
    But i've already made the decision that i'll stay on the medicine for around a year before making any decisions. Unless i've lost it all before that.

Should the tea be of some specific kind? It seems that there is many variants out there. If i get the tea capsels and some fish oil, would that be enough then? It would be pretty expensive to buy it all.