+ Reply to Thread

Talking The O'll Sausage

Hey guys,

I have been on Propecia for about 3 months. I can't really tell if it is working just yet. I keep my head shaved at about a zero guard, and my original plan was to keep it low for 6 months, then let it grow and see if the stuff has been helping. But on to my real point now.

It seemed almost instantaniously that when I popped the first pill that my erections were not as hard as they used to be. I relized that I was being silly, and that it takes more than just one pill to do that, if it even would. Well after a few days, I noticed that I was no longer getting morning wood, or those random hard on's that would come through out the day. I am only 23, so my sex life is as importan as ever. I had one occurance were I was with a girl and when the moment came, I couldn't rise to the occasion. Now that I look at it though, it probably was for the best. (the girl was a train wreck) But for the past two months I have been with a girl pretty regulary and I am able to get it up for sex. This includes bj's, handjobs and the ocassional tit job. But I have to say that its just not as hard as it used to be. When I am having good o'll American sex, I really don't have confidence to change postions, because I don't know if it will be hard enough to last for those few seconds it takes. It has happend before where I will try to move to doggy, and then it just won't be hard enough.

* So what I am asking is this. I am taking 1mg daily of Propecia, now if I maybe skip a day, or cut the pill in half, will it help my errections get any harder?

* Also, with the morning wood. I have only had 3 days when I woke up with it. Is this a common thing in the first few months? Will they ever get back to snuff with more time?

I would really like to hear back from some Propecia veterans. You know, so they could share some of their experiences. I don't want to get off the stuff, but I would really like to have sex the way I did a year ago.

Thanks again for listening,
    Nassau

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nassau View Post
    I would really like to hear back from some Propecia veterans. You know, so they could share some of their experiences. I don't want to get off the stuff, but I would really like to have sex the way I did a year ago.
    Unfortunately, quite a few young men encounter the double whammy of experiencing hair loss at a fairly young age, then discovering that the one effective treatment for their condition (finasteride) can include sexual dysfunction among its side effects. They take the plunge anyway, and lo! -- within days they're experiencing the very symptoms they feared most.

Sexuality is as much about the mental as the physical. If you're already stressed out about hair loss (or anything else), worried about whether you'll be able to perform sexually, and fearful that a medication will negatively affect your abiility to get or maintain an erection, it's almost guaranteed you will psychosomatically experience those symptoms.

The bottom line is that finasteride is a safe and effective drug for all but a small handful of cases. Stop worrying about the side effects (even if you experience some of them, they will almost always go away over time), start concentrating on finasteride's benefits, and give the medication time to do its work.

Haha funny! Maybe it's not the propecia but the train wrecks you are sharking that is the problem haha!

Seriously though I experienced similar when I started last year and then at about the 4-6 month mark everyhting returned to normal.

argh, ive had no problems so far, but now you've got me worried that ill be conscious of the whole changing positions thing and it'll actually happen to me.

Anyway, they say your body adjusts after a while - for most anyway. In any case, I don't think having 'gap days' is the way to go - bad for your hormone levels from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlife View Post
    argh, ive had no problems so far, but now you've got me worried that ill be conscious of the whole changing positions thing and it'll actually happen to me.

Anyway, they say your body adjusts after a while - for most anyway. In any case, I don't think having 'gap days' is the way to go - bad for your hormone levels from what I read.
    Sorry about the scare dude. That was not my intention at all. But since I wrote that post, I have not had any trouble getting it up when the time comes. I am still noticing that I am not getting morning errections like I used to. But, if that is the only thing, I can deal with it. As long as I can preform like a champ in the bedroom, I will stay on Propecia.

Take Care Buddy,
    Nassau