+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 21 and balding? Should i be worried?

What’s up. I’m a 21 year old African American male (not sure if that matters lol) but i think i am experiencing balding. It’s thin at the crown and my hairline appears to be receding a bit. However i believe that i started noticeably balding around 18-19. Since i was a baby, I’ve always had good soft fine hair. However, about 2-3years ago, I’ve noticed that in certain areas, my hair was starting to appear to be lighter or thinner than usual. since then, my hair has been a constant worry for me, as it was once one of my best virtues. As far as my family goes, my father is practically bald and says he didn’t really start balding til his late 20s and early 30s. His brothers -who are younger than him only by a few years- still have a decent amount of hair on their head but it definitely is thinning. They are in their late 50s & early 60s though so keep that in mind. My dads father passed a few years ago but from what i recall he still had a good amount of hair on his head for a 70+ year old man. This sucks really bad man, it’d suck less if this happened around my late 20s. But balding at 19-21 ish is a true confidence killer and honestly has made me quite depressed at times. None of my friends really notice it, but once i had a friend ask me if i was balding because she could see it was thinning on front of my head near my hairline. I also started to use rogaine and it seemed to change the texture and look of my hair for a few days here and there but it was no major changes so i kinda stopped using it a few times a week and got lazy and it became something i only
    Did a few times a month. Should i be worried or concerned about my thinning? Does it look too noticeable to any of you? What worked for you guys to keep/maintain your hair or possibly regrow? Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4B24DE1E-C001-4B9F-B19F-8B9713538269.jpg

Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	57198   Click image for larger version

Name:	8C1EDC37-8480-4F5C-9DE2-71AED1028CE2.jpg

Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	57199   Click image for larger version

Name:	27296846-5141-4146-A63E-42903D9658EC.jpg

Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	57200   Click image for larger version

Name:	9DD913E2-79FC-486B-B57F-CA5FC9E3A632.jpg

Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	57201   Click image for larger version

Name:	363012E5-031D-4808-887C-60A19E519A30.jpg

Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	57202   Click image for larger version

Name:	3A020989-A7F0-49F6-8E4C-2B49DE1373EF.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	57203  

"Should I be worried or concerned about my thinning?"

You should only be worried or concerned if you are... worried or concerned?

If it bothers you, do something about it, or shave it.

Hey man thanks for nothing!

Lmao wow well thanks for nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    "Should I be worried or concerned about my thinning?"

You should only be worried or concerned if you are... worried or concerned?

If it bothers you, do something about it, or shave it.

I don't know... what do you want from this forum? To TELL you how to feel? You asked a question, I answered. It's a very personal thing. I know guys who are MUCH thinner than you are, and don't give a shit. I have a friend, in his 30s, his hair, in front, super thin. And he combs and styles it as if he has the hair of a sixteen-year-old. I asked him, why doesn't he "do something about it", and he said, he didn't care.

I wasn't being mean, just serious.

You want everyone to say "wow, dude, you are going bald, wtf, you need to do something about it".

You are here, so obviously is bothering you. Do you want solutions? There are hundreds and hundreds of posts, on here, and other forums about what you can do.

You need to choose, you are an adult, make adult choices.

Well I’m not being mean when i day this but instead of these lengthy paragraphs you’re writing telling me how i should ask a question, could you actually ya know give me some advice or tips on what to do to help my hair loss ? I made this post for advice on my hair, not advice on the way i formed my question on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    I don't know... what do you want from this forum? To TELL you how to feel? You asked a question, I answered. It's a very personal thing. I know guys who are MUCH thinner than you are, and don't give a shit. I have a friend, in his 30s, his hair, in front, super thin. And he combs and styles it as if he has the hair of a sixteen-year-old. I asked him, why doesn't he "do something about it", and he said, he didn't care.

I wasn't being mean, just serious.

You want everyone to say "wow, dude, you are going bald, wtf, you need to do something about it".

You are here, so obviously is bothering you. Do you want solutions? There are hundreds and hundreds of posts, on here, and other forums about what you can do.

You need to choose, you are an adult, make adult choices.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryKid97 View Post
    Well I’m not being mean when i day this but instead of these lengthy paragraphs you’re writing telling me how i should ask a question, could you actually ya know give me some advice or tips on what to do to help my hair loss ? I made this post for advice on my hair, not advice on the way i formed my question on here.
    You have three choices; rugs, plugs, and drugs.

1. Rugs, amazing results for African hair, especially if you want to keep your same length.

2. Plugs, I have no information on the success of transplanting African hair texture. You are still very young, we don't know how much more you are likely to lose.

3. Drugs, basically Minoxidil and/or Propecia (Finasteride), both do not offer 100% guaranteed solution, and the latter can have some serious side effects. Both, when stopped, will cause what you regrew to fall out. Both may also cause initial shedding, so you get worse before better.

NO serums, shampoos, supplements, lotions or potions will help you, despite the claims of many folks on here.

Good luck!

Thumbs up Follistem- Natural and non surgical .

Based on my experience, if you feel that you may be balding then nothing better than to protect those hair follicles with natural and non-surgical Follistem serum. It is stem cell based and therefore no side effects. My results are in the attached pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32984777_10156202073387752_5881966834382536704_n.jpg

Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	57260   Click image for larger version

Name:	day 1-2.jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	57261  

Quote Originally Posted by Folli2018 View Post
    Based on my experience, if you feel that you may be balding then nothing better than to protect those hair follicles with natural and non-surgical Follistem serum. It is stem cell based and therefore no side effects. My results are in the attached pics.
    What a bunch of complete, and utter BULLSHIT! "Stem cell-based"? Really there are stem cells in there?

Your pics show greasy hair vs. non-greasy hair.

My experience with stem cell therapies were surgical in nature..this serum that you speak of....is it topical? My first question would be how the stem cell knows the subcutaneous layer of tissue, locates or gets recruited by the hair matrix complex, then begins its work on the cell, The transdermal passage would cause at least some breakdown, new one on me.