+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help with purchase

Hello everyone,

Well I’m back from my holiday and having looked at the pictures it’s time I did something about my hair loss before it’s all gone!

I have been on the internet and ordered some 15% Minoxidil & 5% azelaic acid for night time and some 5% minoxdil for the mornings. It's shipping from the US so it's going to take around 2 weeks to get here.

I’m now looking to get some Propecia and a good shampoo can anyone recommend places to purchase from, I’m in the UK but willing to purchase from the US if it means saving some money.

Many thanks
    BTT

Try to get your stuff from a doctor.

I get my stuff both from a doctor here where I live and also online at minoxidil.com.

I have spoken with my doctor and he said there is nothing he can do and I should juct accept it.. it's time I took action myself with the help from you guys.

Yeah, most doctors aren't well educated about it.

I don't trust ANY websites. EXCEPT for minoxidil.com. The stuff Dr. Lee sells is definitely working for me. The finasteride is about $25 for 30 pills. Not to bad considering you know you are getting the real thing.

If I were you I would as a start definitely get some Finasteride, minoxidil and a shampoo containing ketoconazole. And brance out from there if you think it is necessary.

I recently came across a study about biotin that shows biotin actually does help people with hair loss over a course of several months also.

There is no cure but there are a bunch of things that kinda help. I plan on taking MSM and biotin for several months to see what happens.

This is my current regimen:

Current:

Finasteride 1mg (April 21, 2010)(1mg/day)
    Minoxidil 2%,5% and 15% (April 13, 2010)
    Ketoconazole 2% / salicylic acid 3%(April 21, 2010)(Every Other day, 10-50min leave on)
    Spironolactone Lotion 5% (May 8, 2010)(once daily)
    MSM(Methylsulfonylmethane) (May 10, 2010)(2000mg-8000mg daily)

Soon:

Retin-A liquid 0.05%
    Derma Roller 1mm
    Biotin 5000µg

There are no miracle cures. The big 3 should do the most for you(finas, minox, nizoral). I suggest you read a lot about everything you consider taking and try to speak with an educated doctor.

I can only suggest things, I am no expert though. But my regimen seems to be working for me.

Good luck man.

Thank you Keep the hair.

I have just ordered x100 tablets of 5mg Biotin and I'm going to the chemist later to get some Nizoral shampoo.

I keep thinking about proscar however I'm really worried about the side effects so I think I'm going to try Minoxidil 15% & 5%, Biotin and Nizoral for a few months to see if i can get some improvement/ hair retainment and then maybe look again at Proscar results depending.

BTT

I would just get on finasteride as fast as possible dude. Most people eventually get on it and regret not doing it sooner. The longer you wait the worse your hair will be.

It really is the number one treatment, everything else just helps. But if you care about your hair, you have to stop DHT. Minoxidil will regrow hair and everything else might slightly improve quality but think of that stuff as just being a graph that goes up for few months then goes down again.

Your hair will continue to take a punch from DHT. If you don't block/inhibit it....your hair will keep suffering.

Speak to a doctor or someone that is well educated on the matter. There are lots of experienced people on this forum.

I myself have only been on it for about 2 months now. No side effects.... But my hair IS getting thicker again. My temples aren't restoring, but my overall hair is getting better and I have SOME regrowth. I do think it is mostly minoxidil though.

Finasteride is a miracle to us dude. Pitty the side effects are so massively over hyped. I put it off for months also.

how can dht be stopped without proscar? I think the minoxidil 15% I have on order helps reduce it. Azelaic acid?

I see proscar as a last resort and won't purchase with expert advice as yes the side affects might be over hyped by some but they are very concering all the same.

BTT

If you are going to use ******* 15%...then you will kinda be taking finasteride anyways. It has it in it, not so?

Azelaic acid might help with DHT but there isn't enough proof of it yet I think. It helps with absorption of minox I think too.

no I didn't get ******* as I couldnt afford it this month. I purchased 2 months worth of dualgen 15% which seems the same but without the fin and a fair bet cheaper. hopefully next month I can get ******* 15 plus.

I have been looking into natural DHT blockers and come accros saw palmetto what's your thoughts on this? it comes in different strengths I guess the higher the better??

I don't know if i'm starting to go product crazy too soon. I'm currently or very soon will be using; dualgen 15%, minoxidil 5%, nizoral shampoo and biotin tablets.

Should I stick to what I have for a few months and see what happens or continue to buy everything I read about?

BTT