+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think Spencer recommends not trying too many things at once so you can see what's working. I used Rogaine for 2 months then added Propecia and things began getting better 4 to 5 months after that.

BTT1711:

My best advice to you is this:

Finasteride, minoxidil and a shampoo with ketoconazole.

Everything beyond that is "skeptical". I recommend the biotin as I saw one study where it seems to do good, and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence for it. Personally I think MSM supplementation made my hair grow faster. My hair did grow faster, but I can't be 100% sure it's the MSM. But I will continue to use it. I will add biotin also. I am a desperate fellow .

You can get better minoxidil, better shampoo with keto. But finasteride is finasteride. But make sure it's the real thing!

Minoxidil is working really well for me, really well. I only use it once a day. My *******(2 bottles) will last me a whole year since I use other stuff in between. I only used it twice a day(sometimes 3x) in the first month. I am now seeing some growth but I have been using it only once a day for a long time now and it's still improving.

Finasteride takes a lot longer to produce results. But it's highly effective in my opinion.

I have no experience with saw palmetto, I think it's a big joke to be honest and I would not waste my money with it. I am extremely happy I started using finasteride after many months of putting it off. I am glad I went into a huge desperate panic!

If you have a limited hair loss budget then you should stick to the big 3(fin,min,niz). Everything else might work for some but it is still somewhat dubious in a sense. I go overboard. But I don't care about the money I spend on my hair. I'd forever regret it if I didn't try something I believed in.

******* 15% will last you a long time if you use it correctly. It's really strong and it will spread diffusely underneath the skin, so you don't even need to apply that much. Other formulations from Dr. Lee is much cheaper so you can use those in between.

I myself have over a years worth of minoxidil(had nothing and bought a bunch from different places in case something doesn't arrive or so, desperation!).

I've spent a lot of money on hair loss. And to be honest I would do it again, I am seeing good regrowth and it puts me in a good mood. I will continue to be greedy though.

I think biotin and MSM supplementation has something to offer. But I have seen limited evidence for both, but enough for me to try them.

Use finasteride, not saw palmetto.

And lastly...I am just a loud mouth because it makes me feel better about my hair loss when I post here! I am no expert, just an obsessed victim. Take what I say with a grain of salt and speak to a doctor man. Make sure you get the real pills.

Good luck man

I agree with keepthehair.

The big 3 is probably the best chance to keep your hair. Get on them. Im also taking 3000mg MSM daily.

Personally Im not taking minox as I am only a NW2 and only want maintenance. However, I may choose to go on it later.

Keepthehair you are a NW3 right? Was ur regimen effective? Personally I am only on finasteride and Nizoral for 3 weeks. Hopefully I will see results soon.

My regimen seems to be highly effective. Especially in the front area. The temples... some regrowth but I am not expanding my territorial coverage in this war. It is merely a thickening of current troops :P.

In all seriousness... The hair I have on top of my head is more, longer, stronger, easier to style and looks way better. Before I just had this wispy things that never really grew much. I have more coverage now than I did prior to my hair cut(grew my hair for almost a year, still was short on the top...). But now it's really growing actually.

I am pretty sure minoxidil is what is causing the regrowth. MSM supplementation might have sped it up.

When I google norwood 3 I find pictures of people with much worse hair than me. So I am probably not a norwood 3. My crown is very full now and I am sure I got most hair back in that region. Most likely I am between a n2-n3 somewhere. I have no real idea.

Minoxidil really does wonders if you ask me.... my hair is not super amazing yet but you can't notice hair loss anymore. You really can't. I am going to grow it out and see what happens. I still have more wispy hairs turning into terminal ones.

I've been on finasteride for about 2 months now roughly. I think it takes much longer than that to see results from finasteride and the shampoo. The shampoo, from what I have gathered has more of a long term benefit to the hair and not something sudden like minoxidil.

But really, minoxidil works wonders man. You really should try some of it on the hairline if you want thicker hair. It really worked for me.

I will soon be expanding my regimen to biotin and retin-a. Retin-A has shown to cause epithelial cell growth so it might help with some further regrowth. It is really good for the skin(though it is a chemical peel and I will only use it once a week to test it first, should be careful).

I do hope my hair keeps improving and doesn't start going downhill again... Because there is a chance of that happening.

I don't really plan on posting pictures on this board, for privacy reasons. But if you really want to see my improvement you can add me on MSM or so: williamsshaun@live.com or drop me an email. But just let me know you sent one since I don't check it often at all.