+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My actual situation, 25 years old with receding hairline

Some years ago I was legit NW0 but now I see that people around me is talking about my hairloss situation even if I'm def not balding heavy.

BTW 3 days ago I start finasteride.

Hair regime:

Finasteride 1.25 mg eod
    Nizoral : 3 times a week
    Dermaroller : 1x a week
    Castor Oil : 2x a week

I already noticed watery semen and weaker erections.
    This is how my hair are now :

Default You are your own worse critic! You are well on your way.

Hi Guy,
    First of all I think you look good. I see some good growth, your got good looks, trying to say, " take a deep breath!". Sure you may need additional work but we all do right? Until its perfect right? Well, your on track. Second, forget those folks noticing your hair loss. Hater gonna hate. Your probably better looking and they may be jealous. I dont look at you, I assume, as near as hard as you look at yourself or these other folks. You look good! You do not look like a potential patient thats gonna need a lifetime of work.
    Third, your meds are a good combination too. I was able to get surprising results from our shampoo here at the clinic. I'd like to follow you, if I can, to see how it works out. I see folks everyday who are experiencing much more loss than you. Not trying to compare, just suggesting you may not look near as bad as you think, not to me anyway. I'm sure you can find some doc who will say " well, lets put in 1000 grafts here...etc...". Its good to stay on top of it, but I think your doing the right things. I will also talk to my guys for their opinion. But keep your chin up.... dave

I see the areas on the side of your head. Are you concerned about that area in particular? The front and top look great.

Well, after 16 days I can say I'm having these side effects:

- nipples sensitivity
    - weak erection
    - no morning woods
    - low libido
    - watery sperm

Well I'm trying to reduce the dose at 0.625 eod instead of 1.25 eod

Inactive

Without photos from several years ago to compare to now, it's hard to gauge how much hair loss (if any) you're experiencing. The density of your hairline looks solid to me, and I don't see a huge reason to be concerned at the moment.

Over time, I experienced similar sides with the finasteride. It wasn't anything too jarring, and kinda snuck up on me over time, but particularly I experienced the decrease in morning woods, significantly weaker erections, and lower libido. I've since stopped taking it and things have returned to normal, though the trade off is that my hair fall (particularly in the crown area) seems to have accelerated just a bit. But that's the decision you'll have to make for yourself if you find that the side effects are sticking around - you simply have to make a choice for yourself about which is more important to you.

All that said, your hair really does look to be in good shape based on these photos alone. Keep an eye on it if it's something you're concerned about, but just be careful not to let it become an obsession. You'll drive yourself crazy and start seeing things that may not be actually be there.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

some years ago I was NW0

Inactive

Based on that photo from several years ago, I really don't think you have anything to be alarmed about. I don't see any blatantly obvious hair loss/thinning - if anything, maybe just your hairline maturing a bit and settling just slightly higher back on your forehead. This happens, and doesn't necessarily mean you're suffering from MPB and that this will progress.

Keep an eye on it - but really try to look at it objectively when you assess your hair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Maturing hair line for me.

No point starting a life long drug with side effects if it’s uncertain. Watch and wait?

2 months ago

Hey try taking it every 3rd day as that’s what I done when I had side effects.