+ Reply to Thread

Default Month 4, Finasteride

Hello my fellow victims. My baldness started when I was 18, My hair started to recede. I was alarmed at first, but my doc told me there was nothing to worry about. He was wrong, my hair continued to recede and 3 years later and I have moved past Norwood 2, well on my way to Norwood 3. Being this young, balding has ruined so much for me. I would have accepted balding, If I was 30, but to start balding in my teenager years Is the worst possible thing to happen other then dying or being severely handicapped ofcource.

On January I decided enough was enough. I went to my dermatologist, and he prescribed me Finasteride (5 mg to be split in quarters). I took this every single day, and on month 4, without any side effect. The result however, Is that I can clearly see that my hair has gotten worse. Why, might you ask?

Well, I got some shedding. Hair fell out, and saw some regrowth over the past 4 months. However, on my right temple side, the hair that did grew back, was smaller In length and lighter In color. And on my Left temple side hair didn't bother to grow, It has now become an entirely bald spot. and I continue to lose ground. I have been taking Finasteride for about 4 months, and my hair has visually gotten worse at my temples. I was a norwood 2, but If Finasteride doesn't end up working, I'll be norwood 3 by the end of this year.

So yeah I am desperate. I will start University next year, and wish to enjoy being young for a little bit longer. Because being 40 In your early 20,s Is just torture. Yes I understand, cancer is worse, some can be cured some can't. If you lose an arm, you nowadays can get a robotic prosthetic. But balding has no cure. Being In my early 20's means that I have no money for a hair transplant or anything drastic...

They say Finasteride comes with shedding, and that after the shedding, hair will grow back stronger. But If that was truly the chase, why do thousands of people on Reddit, Baldtruthtalk and many other balding forums complain that Finasteride made them go bald faster? And that Finasteride didn't grew back their hair, that was lost during the shedding.

I am desperate, I could use any advice there possible is..
    Should I increase the Finasteride dosage to 2,5 mg? Or Duasteride? Should I quit masturbating entirely? Or do I have to wait an entire year? Does anybody have a similar story? If so did you eventually grew It back?

Dutasteride works better than Finasteride.

Hi Robin. That Is true, but Duasteride Is kinda like a nuke option. If nothing ends up working, then I will use this. Do you have any experience with Finasteride/ Duasteride? If so what did you do, and what would you have done differently?

Man you guys are tough on yourselves. Never in history has there been more alternatives to hair loss than today. I agree that some patients experience better results with Dutasteride, but every one is different. As far as your issue with self pleasure, I think you ok. Get a significant other to take care of that. IMO hair transplantation was the only effective treatment in that I had the best results from mine, yes, they are costly, but many doctors offer financing and you can go slow. I kind of think thats not actually a bad thing, starting off slow. If you decide a surgical approach is needed, there are plenty of good docs who will work with you, shop around, as I said, I know we offer terms but above all find a Doc your comfortable with. Thats the most important thing.

same, i am 19 year old i start using finasteride 1mg and minoxidil 5% for seven months nothing has been changed