+ Reply to Thread

Default Thin donor area, can I still get a HT?

Hi everyone,

After much reading and research I decided to get a HT. Unfortunately, the more I learn about the procedure, the more I doubt it can help me.

Can I get your opinion for how many grafts can my donor area support and what is the ideal amount I would need to get good results?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180507_150134.jpg

Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	57024Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.25 (1).jpg

Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	57025Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.25 (2).jpg

Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	57026Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.26 (1).jpg

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	57027Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.26.jpg

Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	57028

Quote Originally Posted by Carlinho View Post
    Hi everyone,

After much reading and research I decided to get a HT. Unfortunately, the more I learn about the procedure, the more I doubt it can help me.

Can I get your opinion for how many grafts can my donor area support and what is the ideal amount I would need to get good results?

Thanks!

Attachment 57024Attachment 57025Attachment 57026Attachment 57027Attachment 57028
    You've already had one too many HT's. I'd say shave it and own the scar. Otherwise you'll end up like me with a scar ear to ear.

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    You've already had one too many HT's. I'd say shave it and own the scar. Otherwise you'll end up like me with a scar ear to ear.
    Dude,

I never had an HT before. Thats why I said "after researching I decided to get a HT". The scar I have which doesn't even look like a FUT scar is not from a HT...

Dude,

I never had an HT before. Thats why I said "after researching I decided to get a HT". The scar I have which doesn't even look like a FUT scar is not from a HT...
    There is more involved than just "how much many grafts do I need". Your age and genes are a factor. How much hair have you lost in the last 5 years. What is your age. How bald are your grandparents. Does baldness run in the family. You have to remember that HT doctors consider transplanting the hair a success and now how it will look 10 years from now. Because it is impossible to predict what hair will do 10 years from now.

If you've only done 1 HT, I would say stop now while you're a head. I'm on this forum to try to prevent people from making decisions that they will regret 10 years from now. I say shave your head and own the scar.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    If you've only done 1 HT, I would say stop now while you're a head. I'm on this forum to try to prevent people from making decisions that they will regret 10 years from now. I say shave your head and own the scar.

Sorry mate, my post was addressed to people who can read.

Sorry mate, my post was addressed to people who can read.
    Yeah mate, how's that working out for you so far?

Hi Carlinho, Yeah, I get it......and your right about the main issue, your donor area, Genetics, vitamins, whatever, you just want some honest thoughts. My opinion is that your donor area looks a little sparse. That being said. I am not a hair physician. But I have been in medicine for over 30. I need to show your pic to my doc and get back with you, but my initial reaction is your donor area is lacking, but you need a pros opinion. Ill follow up on forums, and good luck.

Doctor Representative

Your donor area looks pretty sparse to begin with so I don't think you'd qualify for a hair transplant at all- but it wouldn't hurt to have a consultation with an actual doctor (or two) who can give you a definitive answer. I think you'll probably want to look at alternative options that help prevent further loss and make what you still have appear thicker: Minoxidil, Finasteride, or even SMP. It really depends on your age, how quickly you're still losing hair (if at all), and a variety of other factors.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

I agree that your donor area doesn't look very dense. I don't think it would supply enough grafts to give you adequate coverage across the balding area. As difficult as it might be to accept, I think you're better off just buzzing it down.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Attachment 57024Attachment 57025Attachment 57026Attachment 57027Attachment 57028
    Hi,

From the pics you posted, you appear to have DUPA (Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia), it does not appear that you have really great donor areas.

You could probably get away with a hair system, combined with an undercut that will minimize the need to grow your side and back hair very long.