X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlinho
    • May 2018

Thin donor area, can I still get a HT?

Hi everyone,

After much reading and research I decided to get a HT. Unfortunately, the more I learn about the procedure, the more I doubt it can help me.

Can I get your opinion for how many grafts can my donor area support and what is the ideal amount I would need to get good results?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180507_150134.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	486841Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.25 (1).jpg
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	486842Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.25 (2).jpg
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	486843Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.26 (1).jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	486844Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 15.49.26.jpg
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	486845
  • JustShaveIt
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Carlinho
    Hi everyone,

After much reading and research I decided to get a HT. Unfortunately, the more I learn about the procedure, the more I doubt it can help me.

Can I get your opinion for how many grafts can my donor area support and what is the ideal amount I would need to get good results?

Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57025[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57026[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57028[/ATTACH]
    You've already had one too many HT's. I'd say shave it and own the scar. Otherwise you'll end up like me with a scar ear to ear.

Comment

• Carlinho
      • May 2018

Originally posted by JustShaveIt
      You've already had one too many HT's. I'd say shave it and own the scar. Otherwise you'll end up like me with a scar ear to ear.
      Dude,

I never had an HT before. Thats why I said "after researching I decided to get a HT". The scar I have which doesn't even look like a FUT scar is not from a HT...

Comment

• JustShaveIt
        • Jan 2017

Dude,

I never had an HT before. Thats why I said "after researching I decided to get a HT". The scar I have which doesn't even look like a FUT scar is not from a HT...
        There is more involved than just "how much many grafts do I need". Your age and genes are a factor. How much hair have you lost in the last 5 years. What is your age. How bald are your grandparents. Does baldness run in the family. You have to remember that HT doctors consider transplanting the hair a success and now how it will look 10 years from now. Because it is impossible to predict what hair will do 10 years from now.

If you've only done 1 HT, I would say stop now while you're a head. I'm on this forum to try to prevent people from making decisions that they will regret 10 years from now. I say shave your head and own the scar.

I had a scar from ear to ear from 4 x HT's in my mid 20s. I'm in my late 30's and like some men the HT didn't work out as I wanted it. Last year I had a trichophytic procedure done to decrease the size of the scar. Unfortunately no previous photos of the scar prior or post trichophytic. Last month out of curiosity I shaved my

Comment

• Carlinho
          • May 2018

Originally posted by JustShaveIt
          If you've only done 1 HT, I would say stop now while you're a head. I'm on this forum to try to prevent people from making decisions that they will regret 10 years from now. I say shave your head and own the scar.

Sorry mate, my post was addressed to people who can read.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
            • Jan 2017

Sorry mate, my post was addressed to people who can read.
            Yeah mate, how's that working out for you so far?

Comment

• hairlossjedi
              • May 2018

Hi Carlinho, Yeah, I get it......and your right about the main issue, your donor area, Genetics, vitamins, whatever, you just want some honest thoughts. My opinion is that your donor area looks a little sparse. That being said. I am not a hair physician. But I have been in medicine for over 30. I need to show your pic to my doc and get back with you, but my initial reaction is your donor area is lacking, but you need a pros opinion. Ill follow up on forums, and good luck.

Comment

• Kyle Kneeland
                Doctor Representative
                • Mar 2017

Your donor area looks pretty sparse to begin with so I don't think you'd qualify for a hair transplant at all- but it wouldn't hurt to have a consultation with an actual doctor (or two) who can give you a definitive answer. I think you'll probably want to look at alternative options that help prevent further loss and make what you still have appear thicker: Minoxidil, Finasteride, or even SMP. It really depends on your age, how quickly you're still losing hair (if at all), and a variety of other factors.
                I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
                My opinions are my own.

Comment

• mattj
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Oct 2009

I agree that your donor area doesn't look very dense. I don't think it would supply enough grafts to give you adequate coverage across the balding area. As difficult as it might be to accept, I think you're better off just buzzing it down.
                  I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• BaldBearded
                    • Jan 2017

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57025[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57026[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57028[/ATTACH]
                    Hi,

From the pics you posted, you appear to have DUPA (Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia), it does not appear that you have really great donor areas.

You could probably get away with a hair system, combined with an undercut that will minimize the need to grow your side and back hair very long.

Comment

Working...