Going back on finasteride in order to titrate off, 1 week after stopping cold turkey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cole66d
    • May 2018

Going back on finasteride in order to titrate off, 1 week after stopping cold turkey

Hello all, I am new here. I’m 22, and have been taking finasteride 1mg daily for about 18 months.. seems like a mistake for me. I lost morning wood, spiked anxiety/blood pressure, and my erections now only get to 60% what they used to be. Not to mention some testicular and penis shrinkage. I also didn’t really grow my hairline back. So, I’ve decided to stop taking finasteride and stopped cold turkey 7 days ago. However, I realized that the best and safest way to return to normal levels of DHT without “shocking” my systems to death would be to titrate off. Today, I picked up my finasteride again, and took 0.25 mg and plan on taking that dose for another 2-3 weeks, then moving to 0.125 for another 2-3 weeks, then half of that, then just taking the smallest dose every 3-4 days for another 2 weeks until I can smoothly transition back to normal levels without damaging my systems. My question is - am I good to start up with 0.25mg for titration purposes after 1 week off cold turkey? Or have I already “shocked” my system with a large influx of DHT by now? Any help is greatly appreciated, buzz cuts 4 life
  • Geo88
    • Mar 2018

You don't have to titrate finasteride it's not going to shock your system by going off it. If you are having sides just get off completely. You make it sound like a narcotic that's going to send your system haywire. It's just going to leave your system allowing dht to be produced

Comment

• Cole66d
      • May 2018

Geo, here is the article that made me concerned about stopping cold turkey, and it makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...