This is ridiculous, propecia kiled my hair

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

I think most likely you are one of the very unlucky ones who have a very high sensitivity to DHT.

mark-1: I used products from minoxidil.com for the first month or so. My second month I used the real propecia. I am going to in the future probably continue using Dr. Lees finasteride as it is much cheaper than the real thing. His products are working GREAT for my hair.

Comment

• SunnyDeLite
      • Jul 2010

Propecia is not a regrowth drug. Propecia is not gonna regrow the hair that you've already lost before starting it. A few of the most recently-lost hairs might come back in a very thinned form, but you won't regrow a very significant amount of hair even in the best case scenarios. If you want something that will at least get you going in the right direction, I would first recommend to use Matthew Gardson's method and start taking a good multivitamin.

Comment

• Boldieheed
        • Oct 2010

how long do you use the gardson's method?
        I was able to sustain my motivation during initial period, because I could see my progress (1..2 month, roughly) now, it's much easier

Comment

• gmonasco
          Inactive
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mille79
          How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates
          They don't. This is what's known as "confirmation bias": only considering the data points that fit your conclusion and ignoring those that don't (e.g., people whose hairloss accelerates even though they aren't taking propecia; those who take propecia but don't experience accelerated hairloss).

Comment

• dfoz
            • Nov 2010

Millie im really sorry to hear about all the shedding.

do you do anything with mercury? do you have mercury fillings aka amalgams? mercury is a massive problem for hair. If you have them, you need to get them out asap using the safest methods available. some skin products like tanning lotions, sunscreens, moisturises and other junk contain mercury.

also you may need to really take hold of your health. you said you dont get sick but there might be some things your missing for optimal hair growth. ive written a post on my blog about this at: http://rockmybody.wordpress.com/2010...i-got-it-back/

the post is about how everyone in my family is bald but i got my hair back. i will be adding to that post as i find more information. i use no products anymore, i have no deficiencies. i hope it helps you my friend.

Comment

• Sanchez123
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by mille79
              Hi,

I started propecia 9 months ago and of course the dreaded shed started. Everybody said, it is a good sign, it means that the drug works (haha I wonder were everyone got this information from ).

So now 9 months later my hair is so much thinner compared to when I started (thinner overall on the scalp AND hairs are thinner). I mean my hairloss started 5 years ago and it has been a very slow process. This past months has been worse than the first 5 years.

Everyone says again yeah but those hair were going anyways. How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates (because this is the explaination for everyone that get the shed) and that stronger hair will come back.

Ha what a full of crap. The hair I have lost for the last 9 months will never come back. If they do that will mean I will have a hell alot of regrowth which is highly impossible.

Still 9 months after I started this drug everytime I run my hands through my hair in the sink I see at least 30-40 hairs. This is excluding the normal shedding of 100-150 hairs a day.

So how do I go about to sue this company and at least keep my dignity because this can't just be normal. My hair is gone and I will never get it back

M
              Mille, did you ever continued propecia?

Comment

Working...