+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eh, I don't know how good that advice is really... but yeah...

Shedding for 9 months is not normal at all. My shedding only lasted like a week or so... I shed about 200-300 hairs if I guess the amount of hair shed. Since I found like 70 in the sink or so when I just washed rogaine off, then again in the shower, then again on a paper if i rub my hands etc etc.

Now I shed much less and my hair is getting fuller/better. (2 month mark, roughly)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Eh, I don't know how good that advice is really... but yeah...

Shedding for 9 months is not normal at all. My shedding only lasted like a week or so... I shed about 200-300 hairs if I guess the amount of hair shed. Since I found like 70 in the sink or so when I just washed rogaine off, then again in the shower, then again on a paper if i rub my hands etc etc.

Now I shed much less and my hair is getting fuller/better. (2 month mark, roughly)
    Where do you buy your prop?
    how much etc

Yes I do shed 40-50 hairs a day after 9 months but I had so much hair when I started this drug that I didn't get concerned. Now 9 months later I have to hide the scalp all over my head.

Even my sides and back feel thinner, I had so much hair there that I could be a donor for several people.

Again, someone here quoted that the shedding will stop after a couple of months. I HAVE BEEN SHEDDING FOR 9 MONTHS. Read my story before you comment ...

I will make an appointment with a doctor to see what this can be. I exercise 5times a week, eat healthy and have never had any history of sickness.

Do you guys know what this could be if it's not propecia?

M

Sorry to say it, but maybe you could be one of the 10% propecia doesn't work on and now your just loosing your hair as you would without propecia.
    But again, we're not really qualifed to make any diagnoses, so i definately think you should make an appointment with your doctor.

Mille79 how many hair do you normally lose in the shower?

I think most likely you are one of the very unlucky ones who have a very high sensitivity to DHT.

mark-1: I used products from minoxidil.com for the first month or so. My second month I used the real propecia. I am going to in the future probably continue using Dr. Lees finasteride as it is much cheaper than the real thing. His products are working GREAT for my hair.

Propecia is not a regrowth drug. Propecia is not gonna regrow the hair that you've already lost before starting it. A few of the most recently-lost hairs might come back in a very thinned form, but you won't regrow a very significant amount of hair even in the best case scenarios. If you want something that will at least get you going in the right direction, I would first recommend to use Matthew Gardson's method and start taking a good multivitamin.

how long do you use the gardson's method?
    I was able to sustain my motivation during initial period, because I could see my progress (1..2 month, roughly) now, it's much easier

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mille79 View Post
    How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates
    They don't. This is what's known as "confirmation bias": only considering the data points that fit your conclusion and ignoring those that don't (e.g., people whose hairloss accelerates even though they aren't taking propecia; those who take propecia but don't experience accelerated hairloss).

Millie im really sorry to hear about all the shedding.

do you do anything with mercury? do you have mercury fillings aka amalgams? mercury is a massive problem for hair. If you have them, you need to get them out asap using the safest methods available. some skin products like tanning lotions, sunscreens, moisturises and other junk contain mercury.

also you may need to really take hold of your health. you said you dont get sick but there might be some things your missing for optimal hair growth. ive written a post on my blog about this at: http://rockmybody.wordpress.com/2010...i-got-it-back/

the post is about how everyone in my family is bald but i got my hair back. i will be adding to that post as i find more information. i use no products anymore, i have no deficiencies. i hope it helps you my friend.