+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default This is ridiculous, propecia kiled my hair

Hi,

I started propecia 9 months ago and of course the dreaded shed started. Everybody said, it is a good sign, it means that the drug works (haha I wonder were everyone got this information from ).

So now 9 months later my hair is so much thinner compared to when I started (thinner overall on the scalp AND hairs are thinner). I mean my hairloss started 5 years ago and it has been a very slow process. This past months has been worse than the first 5 years.

Everyone says again yeah but those hair were going anyways. How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates (because this is the explaination for everyone that get the shed) and that stronger hair will come back.

Ha what a full of crap. The hair I have lost for the last 9 months will never come back. If they do that will mean I will have a hell alot of regrowth which is highly impossible.

Still 9 months after I started this drug everytime I run my hands through my hair in the sink I see at least 30-40 hairs. This is excluding the normal shedding of 100-150 hairs a day.

So how do I go about to sue this company and at least keep my dignity because this can't just be normal. My hair is gone and I will never get it back

M

Wow...

I don't know if propecia can make you shed like that. I use it and my hair is getting better. I only shed for a week or so. Do you use the real propecia from a pharmacy?

Default yes

Yes this is the real stuff from pharmacy, as here in Sweden pharmacy is a monopoly so it for sure is real.

Is it normal to run my hands through my hair and see 30-40 hairs fall off after 9 months????? Should I quit it??????? I need to know ...

M

damn, 30-40 hairs thats a lot. If i would you i would consult my doctor.

This isn't normal at all. Consult a good dermatologist and try to find the cause of this persisting hair loss. I highly doubt it is propecia. It won't cause a persistent shed like you describe. But speak to someone who knows. Perhaps check for other problems man. Get some testing done.

I disagree,

I lost hair, and a lot of it for the first year, but most of it came back. It was so bad though.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mille79 View Post
    How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates
    They don't. This is what's known as "confirmation bias": only considering the data points that fit your conclusion and ignoring those that don't (e.g., people whose hairloss accelerates even though they aren't taking propecia; those who take propecia but don't experience accelerated hairloss).

Millie im really sorry to hear about all the shedding.

do you do anything with mercury? do you have mercury fillings aka amalgams? mercury is a massive problem for hair. If you have them, you need to get them out asap using the safest methods available. some skin products like tanning lotions, sunscreens, moisturises and other junk contain mercury.

also you may need to really take hold of your health. you said you dont get sick but there might be some things your missing for optimal hair growth. ive written a post on my blog about this at: http://rockmybody.wordpress.com/2010...i-got-it-back/

the post is about how everyone in my family is bald but i got my hair back. i will be adding to that post as i find more information. i use no products anymore, i have no deficiencies. i hope it helps you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mille79 View Post
    Hi,

I started propecia 9 months ago and of course the dreaded shed started. Everybody said, it is a good sign, it means that the drug works (haha I wonder were everyone got this information from ).

So now 9 months later my hair is so much thinner compared to when I started (thinner overall on the scalp AND hairs are thinner). I mean my hairloss started 5 years ago and it has been a very slow process. This past months has been worse than the first 5 years.

Everyone says again yeah but those hair were going anyways. How come everyone starts propecia exactly when the hairloss accelerates (because this is the explaination for everyone that get the shed) and that stronger hair will come back.

Ha what a full of crap. The hair I have lost for the last 9 months will never come back. If they do that will mean I will have a hell alot of regrowth which is highly impossible.

Still 9 months after I started this drug everytime I run my hands through my hair in the sink I see at least 30-40 hairs. This is excluding the normal shedding of 100-150 hairs a day.

So how do I go about to sue this company and at least keep my dignity because this can't just be normal. My hair is gone and I will never get it back

M
    Mille, did you ever continued propecia?