Has being bald changed the way you dress? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has being bald changed the way you dress?

Ever since I went bald I find it more difficult to wear specific clothes. For example, I 'can't' wear t-shirts anymore, since it makes me look like I'm ill. V-necks are a no go as well, as it creates the 'too much skin' look.

I didn't have these 'problems' when I had a full head of hair.

Also, since I went from a 7/10 to a 3/10, I feel that it's inappropriate to put in the effort to dress well. It creates a 'he's trying too hard' look. (Monkey in a suit is still a monkey.)

Wearing casual clothes / streetwear in particular is difficult for me. I feel like I have to dress like an older man, because my bald head makes me look like a senior.

Anyone else who has these kind of issues with clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas84 View Post
    Ever since I went bald I find it more difficult to wear specific clothes. For example, I 'can't' wear t-shirts anymore, since it makes me look like I'm ill. V-necks are a no go as well, as it creates the 'too much skin' look.

I didn't have these 'problems' when I had a full head of hair.

Also, since I went from a 7/10 to a 3/10, I feel that it's inappropriate to put in the effort to dress well. It creates a 'he's trying too hard' look. (Monkey in a suit is still a monkey.)

Wearing casual clothes / streetwear in particular is difficult for me. I feel like I have to dress like an older man, because my bald head makes me look like a senior.

Anyone else who has these kind of issues with clothing?

Your 7/10 to 3/10 is very interesting. Who gave you the 7/10 in the first place? Yourself? Or your mom? Look the point is you should be dressing and wearing clothing based on your age not how much hair you have. If you're a man in your 40's and your still wearing band shirts and affliction.. lack of hair is not the problem. A man's wardrobe should change every 4 to 5 years at most.

If you haven't made the stupid mistake hair transplant, my advice would be shave it and own it. People gave me that advice 15 years ago but I didn't take it and here I am.

So over half of your 7/10 looks were based on your hair? I'm not going to say you didn't take a hit in the looks department, but somehow I doubt you dropped 4 points out of your 7. Your grading scale for yourself tells us all we would need to know about where you're at mentality. You're even talking yourself out of wearing nice clothes.

There are a bunch of other factors that go into clothing style (height, weight, complexion, even your personality), so it's not a one size fits all bald heads - though collars seem to work well, then again, that's for all guys. Generally speaking though, I think you need to work on what's going on with you mentally.

That aside, have you done anything to work on the rest of you physically? Are you in shape? Facial hair? Maybe some eyewear, etc.?

Nope, dressed the same!

Wear your nice clothes, a gentleman always looks better well dressed. Now, stop tripping...... Hair solutions, vitamins, yoga, fasting etc.... they are all good if they work for you. I disagree with the "stupid hair transplant" idea. Probably a bad result for that guy, I dont know. What I do know, both clinically and personally, is that for some folks,a hair transplant is the best solution, including me. My scarring was non existent unless you held a powerful magnifier to my hair. My hairline looks great. how do I know you say? Well, I scrubbed for my first assist in 1990. My physician did such a good job, I left my practice of pre hospital emergency medicine ( paramedic) and went to work for him. Does a transplant work for everybody? No. Nothing works for everybody. But did changing my hair lead to a change in my life? Absolutely. I love this forum, but often times I find very bad advice from some folks. While Im not trying to take away from anyones experience, I'd suggest that there are better suggestions from more clinically minded people. Kinda like a liberal arts major working for big pharma. Just another pretty face, with absolutely no medical knowledge or training, let alone certified in anything. Your mindset is everything. Do your research, think, then make a plan of action and stick to it. Hair loss can be overcome, just a matter of the correct approach. As far as medical claims, anecdotal information is valuable, but I prefer reputable double blind studies to ppls opinion in the end. Seen too much of the snake oil salesman. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGoing View Post
    So over half of your 7/10 looks were based on your hair? I'm not going to say you didn't take a hit in the looks department, but somehow I doubt you dropped 4 points out of your 7. Your grading scale for yourself tells us all we would need to know about where you're at mentality. You're even talking yourself out of wearing nice clothes.

There are a bunch of other factors that go into clothing style (height, weight, complexion, even your personality), so it's not a one size fits all bald heads - though collars seem to work well, then again, that's for all guys. Generally speaking though, I think you need to work on what's going on with you mentally.

That aside, have you done anything to work on the rest of you physically? Are you in shape? Facial hair? Maybe some eyewear, etc.?
    I totally agree with this. Your own grading of yourself sounds harsh and is almost certainly inaccurate in terms of how others see you. I know what it's like to have a low opinion of one's self. I've been there and it's horrible. I used to dress well to try and offset my perceived flaws. Now I'm more confident and I still try to dress well. I don't have hair worries anymore (I've had a transplant, of course) but even if I was bald, I'd still dress with dignity and confidence. There is absolutely no reason why hairloss should prevent you from dressing any way that you want to.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Many examples have a bald head, but when they dress up, they look so handsome.
    Let me give you an example of Dwayne Jhonson (Rock). He has a clean head, but when he gears up the t-shirt he looks so handsome.

Can you imagine what it would be like to go bald? You will look "cooler". You will change the way you dress to look better on your head. I think so!

My sister has a similar problem, but she hasn`t changed anything in her closet, cause sooner or later her hair will grow at least some length and after a few months of walking around with a bald head she sees no point in changing her style. I think she`s on the right track, cause if she changes her clothing style to something simpler and more alien, it`ll only lead to depression. She loves dresses and even in this difficult time of her life she wears and keeps buying them, btw - this party dresses store is our favorite one. I often buy something here and I`m very happy with their products!

Well, It depends.

Baldness is not something to shy away from.

I have seen blad men who look sizzling hot.

Look at the smile on his face.

Embracing the baldness, and style yourself up with amazing men's shirts online to walk out in the world confidently.