Is the “mpb itch” a constant itch in one place or all over? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Is the “mpb itch” a constant itch in one place or all over?

I had a panic attack when my hair was greasy back in jan, i was under a bright light as well.

I brought Alpecin caffeine shampoo and noticed it was drying my hair out and causing an itch.

Over the months i kept trying different shampoos i even used a cleansing shampoo that gave me terrible dandruff.

On monday i used the alpecin shampoo and nearly straight after using it i felt an itch on my crown area, and then towards the front of my hair and another and even on my ear, i asked my mum to look and could see quite a but of scurf in my hair.

The itch towards the crown and back of my head has nearly been constant. With some others all over. But I an constantly thinking about it as well.

I can pull my hair and lose no hair where the itch is.

I am now using vosene shampoo to help with dandruff, if it is dandruff how long until it settles down. I know its not immediately and thst is why I probably have it again.

When I put on the shampoo it was like a tingling sensation

Is the mpb itch a constant itch

Also what would be a good shampoo to use to stop dry scalp? Or dandruff?

I washed my hair today and if I shake my hair with my hand I can still see small white flakes falling.

Since Monday I have washed my hair after using the alpecin twice. Due to the irritation should I wash my hair every day?

And

I am trying not to scratch the area. But I am constantly thinking about it which is obviously not help and can be also causing it.

1. Absolutely don't wash your hair every day.

2. Any anti-dandruff shampoo should only be used a couple of times a week, on other days, only rinse, if needed.

3. Caffeine shampoo is BULLSHIT!

https://manforhimself.com/caffeine-s...ccess-failure/

4. A GOOD anti-dandruff is going to be coal-tar based. If not, it's not going to work on tough dandruff. There is a difference between dry scalp and dandruff. It is possible that all of the crap you are putting on your scalp is causing dry scalp and potentially itchy scalp.

My suggestion, stop ALL of the crap you are using on your hair and try a MILD shampoo. Once or twice a week. The amount you use should be by just a tiny drop, just enough to make a BIT of lather. When you massage it into your hair, don't be rough on your scalp, be gentle.

See what happens in a week or two. If you still have itchy scalp, see a dermatologist. If you still have flakes, try a coal-tar shampoo. It should take about a week to clear up. If that does not work, again, see a dermatologist.

Also do NOT wash your hair (or skin) with hot water. Start with warm, finish with as cold as you can stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post

2. Any anti-dandruff shampoo should only be used a couple of times a week, on other days, only rinse, if needed.

4. A GOOD anti-dandruff is going to be coal-tar based. If not, it's not going to work on tough dandruff. There is a difference between dry scalp and dandruff. It is possible that all of the crap you are putting on your scalp is causing dry scalp and potentially itchy scalp.

My suggestion, stop ALL of the crap you are using on your hair and try a MILD shampoo. Once or twice a week. The amount you use should be by just a tiny drop, just enough to make a BIT of lather. When you massage it into your hair, don't be rough on your scalp, be gentle.

See what happens in a week or two. If you still have itchy scalp, see a dermatologist. If you still have flakes, try a coal-tar shampoo. It should take about a week to clear up. If that does not work, again, see a dermatologist.

Also do NOT wash your hair (or skin) with hot water. Start with warm, finish with as cold as you can stand it.

thank you

does it sound like mpb itch?
    or just an over use of products?

I have also been blow drying my hair as well as combing it more frequently and touching it more.

If i pull that area i lose no hair,

also th scalp/hair in that area is quite sensative to the touch, btu is that again down to the products

I know the alpecin it says leave in the hair for around 2 mins, I was leaving it in for longer and in the area it is irritated, I would make sure I got that spot very well.

also where my parting was, I would emphasize that area and the crown of my head, by spending more time there with the shampoo.

also because of the parting i would comb that general area more

would you say keep with the vosene

and wash when needed? and hopefully the itchiness will go away?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolverine View Post
    thank you

does it sound like mpb itch?
    or just an over use of products?

I have also been blow drying my hair as well as combing it more frequently and touching it more.

If i pull that area i lose no hair,

also th scalp/hair in that area is quite sensative to the touch, btu is that again down to the products

I know the alpecin it says leave in the hair for around 2 mins, I was leaving it in for longer and in the area it is irritated, I would make sure I got that spot very well.
    I think you are overusing the products. Having MPB, I am unaware of any ITCH that is related to going bald.

The more you **** with your hair, the more you will irritate your scalp.

Again, the more product, the more you leave it on... the more you will irritate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolverine View Post
    also where my parting was, I would emphasize that area and the crown of my head, by spending more time there with the shampoo.

also because of the parting i would comb that general area more

would you say keep with the vosene

and wash when needed? and hopefully the itchiness will go away?
    I don't know about Vosene, unfamiliar with it. Most have salicylic acid or zinc or some sort, which tend to be mild anti-itch. But are not VERY effective. If you have serious dandruff, the coal-tar shampoo is the answer.

Again, you need to see if it's dandruff or dry scalp, first. That is why I recommend something VERY light, and small amounts, only a couple of times a week.

You need to stop torturing your scalp! Let the natural oils do their work.

I don't know about Vosene, unfamiliar with it. Most have salicylic acid or zinc or some sort, which tend to be mild anti-itch. But are not VERY effective. If you have serious dandruff, the coal-tar shampoo is the answer.

Again, you need to see if it's dandruff or dry scalp, first. That is why I recommend something VERY light, and small amounts, only a couple of times a week.

You need to stop torturing your scalp! Let the natural oils do their work.
    Do you think i have overreactee?