Hairline receding and need advice on what action to take. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairline receding and need advice on what action to take.

Hey guys, im 23.5 years old and my temples have been receding for at least 1.5 years. Possibly thinning on the crown too. I feel like if I recede to much further it will start to get quite noticeable. The hairs around thefront of my hairline thinning and are noticably smaller and weaker.

I’ve put off take action for a while, but now I’m feeling it’s getting to crunch time to pull the trigger on some sort of treatment to lengthen the time I have a full head of hair ( at least until my thirties). I’ve read into finesteride and to be honest it scares the hell out of me. A lot of people seem to say rogaine can get you and extra 5 to 10 years out of your hair.

So my questions are:

Should I start using rogaine foam now to strengthen my hairline and maintaine it?

Should I be using the nizorole shampoo and what does it do?

I hope I can get some answers on partential direction forward! All wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeyles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FF9B7A58-FB45-469E-9E6B-88074D2D2708.jpg

Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	56769   Click image for larger version

Name:	869DD148-1216-446B-A030-5AC87229D8F1.jpg

Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	56770   Click image for larger version

Name:	DE186992-C2D2-4450-A0DE-40B2AFEC47EA.jpg

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	56771   Click image for larger version

Name:	F3ACF72B-058F-4F4D-B27E-8C42DB53D9F0.jpg

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	56772   Click image for larger version

Name:	B66B9248-8598-41BF-BEB8-8047AC9C3BDD.jpg

Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	56773   Click image for larger version

Name:	5C2879FA-EAAA-4524-9CCD-8C870B2406F1.jpg

Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	56774  

Your loss looks to be fairly minimal at the moment (NW 1.5-NW2 I'd say) and your hair looks to be good quality, so hopefully you will be people to maintain a decent head of hair with treatment.

That being said, if you're not prepared to take finasteride then it's possible you won't hold on to an acceptable head of hair until your 30's, minoxidil and Nizoral are definitely beneficial but they do not stop the constant damage to your follicles and so it depends how aggressive your MPB is.

I do not want to push finasteride on anyone that doesn't want to take it, but what I would say is that there are ALOT of hypochondriacs on these forums that blow side-affects way out of proportion, and people who fail to account for the fact that their sexual dysfunction might be caused by the plethora of other causes. I was put off when I read all the horror stories, I left it 6 months after noticing I was balding and really wish I hadn't, because I lost a lot of hair in that 6 months that I might have otherwise kept.

The first couple of weeks on fin I had side-affects that were worrying and I appreciated how a hypochondriac could interpret them as severe, but instead of panicking and posting all over the forums about how fin poisoned me I stuck with it and made an effort to live healthily, and lo and behold I've been on it over a year and have no problems other than reduced ejaculation volume. Yes I'd rather not take it, but it is very effective as it has halted my loss which would have been very aggressive based on all the other men in my family. For me it was worth it, and whilst I fully appreciate why someone wouldn't want to take it, it's a shame that so many people are frightened off even trying it by a vocal minority that refuse to believe that it doesn't cause issues for most men.

Anyway, to your questions:

Should I start using rogaine foam now to strengthen my hairline and maintaine it? Yes, although it's more effective on the crown than the hairline, though personally I have regrown some of my hair line. It definitely seems to improve hair quality.

Should I be using the nizorole shampoo and what does it do? Yes. It's an anti-fungal shampoo, it fights hair loss by reducing inflammation of the scalp (it eliminated all scalp itchiness in my thinning areas), and some studies indicate that it also acts as a DHT inhibitor. It's very cheap and easy to use as any normal shampoo, there's no reason not to add this to your regimen.

Best of luck.

Finasteride or dutasteride are the only option if you want to hold ur hair till 30.

Hey buddy. I’m a lot older 59. However ya can’t stop the front hair from falling out. I have hauled rogsine for years it only helps in one area the mid to back.
    Regarding a hair system. Well I would just check out the website hairdirect.com. I don’t buy my hair from them but I buy products. You will see that you have way to much hair then most even for a partial front hair system. But look at the before and after pictures The thing you need to know is you would have to shave off any good hair you have for any hair system to be used no matter how small the system is. You still have a lot of hair. Any questions. Please ask and I’ve been wearing for about 6 years. And it’s always good to get a system before it’s all gone. You still have a good head of hair. But check,out the site it’s very informative

Default Thanks for the reply mate. Just a few follow up questions if you don’t mind.

Thanks a lot mate for such a detailed response. I really appreciate it!

I just have a couple of further questions about rogaine and propecia. Hopefully you can get back to me again!

With the rogaine do you think it’s worth starting with the 2% or is straight to 5% the way to go? Also how deep into the hairline would be most effective from your experiences?

The only stories that are scaring me away from finesteride are the horror stories of irreversible sexual damage. It’s just hard to find reliable accounts on how many people this actually happens to! I’m still considering it though. Hopefully the rogaine will stave the loss off long enough for me to make a decision on fin.

Any convincing arguments on the medication are welcome. For and against.

Quote Originally Posted by Malks007 View Post
    Hey buddy. I’m a lot older 59. However ya can’t stop the front hair from falling out. I have hauled rogsine for years it only helps in one area the mid to back.
    Regarding a hair system. Well I would just check out the website hairdirect.com. I don’t buy my hair from them but I buy products. You will see that you have way to much hair then most even for a partial front hair system. But look at the before and after pictures The thing you need to know is you would have to shave off any good hair you have for any hair system to be used no matter how small the system is. You still have a lot of hair. Any questions. Please ask and I’ve been wearing for about 6 years. And it’s always good to get a system before it’s all gone. You still have a good head of hair. But check,out the site it’s very informative
    Sorry mate. Not sure if there was a heap typing errors there or your not a native English speaker but that didn’t make any sense. Apologies if I sound rude. I appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    Finasteride or dutasteride are the only option if you want to hold ur hair till 30.
    Hey mate thanks for the reply. But surely rogaine would help to strengthen the weaker hairs along the front to stop them falling out as soon as they naturally would have otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeyles View Post

I just have a couple of further questions about rogaine and propecia. Hopefully you can get back to me again!

With the rogaine do you think it’s worth starting with the 2% or is straight to 5% the way to go? Also how deep into the hairline would be most effective from your experiences?

The only stories that are scaring me away from finesteride are the horror stories of irreversible sexual damage. It’s just hard to find reliable accounts on how many people this actually happens to! I’m still considering it though. Hopefully the rogaine will stave the loss off long enough for me to make a decision on fin.

No problem dude.

I never tried the 2% myself but I don't see the point in waiting to go on 5% if I'm honest, minoxidil seems to have few side effects. Some people do experience an initial shed when using it (I did for one week), however I could not tell you whether using 2% will reduce this.

You should apply it wherever you are thinning or at risk of thinning. Personally I apply it to my temples, crown, along the edge of my hairline, and in a strip all the way down the center from the front to crown, but this is because I have diffuse thinning of the vertex, it is hard to tell whether you have this. If it's only your hairline that's causing you problems you don't need to go deep into it, maybe an inch or so.

The claims re irreversible sexual side effects are tenuous, I have never seen anything credible on this, the men who claim this are either actively involved in a class-action lawsuit against Merk (the company that markets fin), or come across as individuals who are not particularly mentally balanced. The overwhelming majority of men who experience intolerable side effects find they go away within a few weeks of stopping the drug, which makes sense because the drug won't continue to inhibit your T > DHT conversion if it's not in your system. Tens of millions of men have taken the drug, including high-profile celebrities (even Donald Trump!) we would know if it was chemically castrating people.

My own completely non-scientific take on it is that the men who experience ongoing symptoms are already depressed/anxious individuals, they certainly come across that way in their posts. In my third month I had a little panic and thought my junk had shrunk (because I'd read this on a forum), I was convinced it had, but I got out a tape measure and sure enough it was just my mind screwing with me, no change at all. People vastly underestimate the power of the brain when it comes to producing non-existent symptoms.

Yes Fin does have undesirable side-effects, but for most of us they are perfectly tolerable and a worthwhile exchange for keeping our hair. Only you know what sort of guy you are, do you just get on with things and power through problems? Or do you obsess over things and wallow in self-pity? If sex is the most important thing in your life and you expect to be as horny as an 18 year old your whole life you probably shouldn't take it. For me I recognize that at 27 I can't expect to have the same drive as I did 10 years ago, and I also recongize that I'd be too anxious to get sex in the first place if I was heavily balding at my age, so I'm happy to take the slight reduction in enjoyment in exchange for feeling better about my appearance.

It's a very personal decision and one only you can make, but I would take the ranting of some very depressed individuals for what it is and not lend it too much credit. Some people on here will even try to convince you that minoxidil caused them sexual dysfunction! No nothing to do with being obese, or a smoker, or fapping 10 times per day, it's always the drug's fault. It's just one of those things, balding is a common problem so you're bound to get a number of people who are not reliable at self-reporting the effects of medication.

Sorry mate. Not sure if there was a heap typing errors there or your not a native English speaker but that didn’t make any sense. Apologies if I sound rude. I appreciate the response.
    He's talking about hair-systems (or a 'wig' if you don't know the terminology!) and saying it's a good option if you can't keep your frontal hair with meds, but he's also saying you will need to shave all of your top hair off in order to attach it and so it's probably not worth it from someone like you who has a good head of hair.

Default Jeyles

Hi Jeyles
    If you want to talk to me feel free to Skype me. My Skype malks007. I can answer any of your questions I would only use Rogsine and the max 5% foam is the best but I can give ya fur5er details if ya wish on Skype and now sexual side affects
    Steven