X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baldingsoon
    • May 2017

My story on Propecia and Minoxidil

Hello,

I am 28 yrs old. Started losing hair when I was 23.
    Got onto Liquid Minoxidil 5% twice per day and it did wonders up until July of 2017.
    My crown started to itch real bad, Bad as in I wanted pull out my hairs to reduce the itch.
    Tried various hair oils (Emu, tea tree etc) with no benefits
    I had already lost a considerable amount of hair on my crown and that is when I made the decision to get onto Propecia. (0.25 mg ED)

Started Propecia and Minoxidil Foam on January 3rd of 2018 and it appears I have gained a considerable amount of hair on my crown. The sad part is I have side effects from propecia now (low libido and ED)
    Every single day goes in distress and anxiety
    It has been three and a half months and I do not want to stop propecia because I am benefiting from it.
    Please help me in deciding whether to stay on the drug and see how it goes for the next 2 months or further reducing the dosage and risk balding
    I have attached the pictures(both were taken soon after showering, one from December 2017 and the other is a picture I took yesterday)
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

This is the problem with these meds. So you need to make a decision, do you consider stressing about being on the meds, or do you go off them, and deal with your hair loss in another way;

Ignore it, cut your hair as best as possible and move forward with your life?
    Shave it and " "?
    Cover it with a hair system?

Comment

Working...