Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamsoe123
    • Apr 2018

Am I experiencing hair loss?

I am an 18 year old male with no history of pattern baldness in my family as far as i can tell. My hair has always been fine, but recently I've noticed that I seem to quite often lose strands of hair that simply fall out when I'm going about my business. My hair washing schedule is pretty rubbish, and I took sertraline for anxiety and depression up until about three days ago which I know can cause hair loss, but I'm super terrified about losing my hair. There is a specific spot above my temple that really concerns me because it seems to be almost bald and you can clearly see my scalp through it when i brush my hair to the side.

If you need more info or more photos then I'll be happy to provide
  • Jamsoe123
    • Apr 2018

Anybody? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

• BaldBearded
      • Jan 2017

If that's the case, talk to your doctor. Your hairwashing schedule is irrelevant unless it's like once a month.

Comment

• dastan
        • Apr 2018

hy i think you do have some hair loss but may be its early you can save your hair by going no poo, i'm doing it too

Comment

• robincurtz
          • Jan 2015

Yes, u r suffering from hair loss... consult ur doctor about the drug Finasteride.

Comment

• Jamsoe123
            • Apr 2018

Ok so I went to the doctor and he said that it was most likely seborrheic dermatitis because of the condition of my scalp or something and how it it's itchy quite a bit. He also prescribed some anti fungal shampoo for me and said that dealing with the dermaitis would resolve any hair loss that may have occurred. But he also has organised some blood tests so I don't know what's going on tbh. Does the dermatitis story make sense?

Comment

• Jamsoe123
              • Apr 2018

Oh and i forgot to say that occasionally a small black hair sometimes with the bulb still attached at the end falls out. This doesnt happen very often, but it freaks me out when it does. Is this a bad sign?

Comment

• robincurtz
                • Jan 2015

Take second opinion... u might be suffering for mpb...

Comment

• BaldBearded
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Jamsoe123
                  Ok so I went to the doctor and he said that it was most likely seborrheic dermatitis because of the condition of my scalp or something and how it it's itchy quite a bit. He also prescribed some anti fungal shampoo for me and said that dealing with the dermaitis would resolve any hair loss that may have occurred. But he also has organised some blood tests so I don't know what's going on tbh. Does the dermatitis story make sense?
                  It certainly can (Google it). I would go ahead with the blood tests to rule out hormonal possibilities, and try the anti-fungal shampoo, and see if you get relief. It may NOT happen overnight but consult with your doctor about expectations. I would NOT attempt any other treatments before talking with your doctor.

Good luck, keep us informed of your progress.

Comment

Working...