10 weeks post-op with Bosley (please be kind)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiddleAgedFool
    • Jun 2010

November Update

Hey CO, thanks for asking. I was actually pondering my options for a bit and off the boards for a while.

I saw Dr. Cooley. He agrees that the left side angualtions are off and that there needs to be some scar revisions. Options are scar revisions with trico closure to get about 500 grafts to fix up the front. Other options is needle the scar a bit first and then do a FUE of about 500. I hate the idea of going numb again and risking another closure. The front I may be willing to live with since my hair is so fine. I am considering some hybrid like a new closure on the couple of inches of the scar great than 4mm. Gotta make a call soon since I don't want to go through any procedure over another summer in the southern us. Got that sucked living under a hat in 90F, humid weather.

Latest photos attached including the worst section of the scar. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Hi there, sorry not replied sooner but missed ur topic. I too went down the BOSLEY route prior to understanding or researching HT's (like many others) so dont beat yourself up.

My advice is dont rush into anything yet - Wait till you are 12 months post op and everything has had chance to settle and establish.

Then look at options.
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• nikole
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MiddleAgedFool
        Thought I'd shoot out a few updates. Not much growth it seems. Hope this turns out not to be a total loss. I am trying to stay positive and almost got out of my funk and tried to look at the positive, but last night was downer since my haircut got screwed-up. Same shop, but new guy who I told about the situation and said I wanted a 5 guard. You really need to keep your eyes having your hair cut now as the result can be awful. Looks like I got a 3 or maybe a 2 in the end. i think he misjudged where the scar was because of looking down on the head. They really need to be looking at a distance. Called up Bosley in Atlanta and they had some Toppik trials for me. One thing I will say is the Atlanta office has been pretty decent reciprocating. I plan very stern discussion with the Boston office when I am back up there in a few months.

This is pretty strong window lighting with toppik. The left side I did with a lower angle so you can see the barber blunder. The hairline was with less lighting. To me not much to show for 5 months, but still waiting.

[ATTACH]6119[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6120[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6121[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6122[/ATTACH]
        The growth should start to kick in very soon. Some people grow later then others, but you should be seeing a good amount of growth at least by the six month mark. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you

Comment

Working...