+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Middle age,

Did u say u have a couple of recommendation for surgery? Im in the prep stage but i dont want to jump into anything without knowing some good reputation....
    You’re very lucky that you found this forum. Hair transplantation is not to be taken lightly and as you will find out here, many people are unhappy because they chose the wrong doctor.
    Go to www.iahrs.org to find a recommended hair transplant surgeon but do not rush into having surgery. Take this time to learn about it and speak to others who have had it done by a good surgeon.

Yes, dgman, I agree with Winston. You really do need to be very careful. If you read my story, you see my problems have been from making emotional decisions and not researching. Most of what I do is research for work, so it makes it especially hard to accept that I didn't do what I should have. My username I use to show my silliness for not understanding everything in detail ahead of time.

For me, I would have to say at this point, I am just focusing on a better scalp situation and ensure a hairline that will allow me to continue to thin out with a natural look. So far, I have only seen Dr Cole so far for possible options. I have something else scheduled with Cooley for a second opinion. Even though I don't see another strip procedure in my future, I am very interested in possible healing he has seen with Acell and his dermatology background to provide some insight on lasers and such.

Take your time no matter what and be sure you know everything that is going to happen to you at every day (in the immediate post-op) to every month for the full year. I was not prepared for the physical or mental effects and it all took me by surprise.

Combover,

I am really considering HT surgery of some sort. At first I met with a counselor at Bosley but after reading all these horror stories about them,I dont think i will continue to talk to them. Do you think u can fill me in with your progress and a good surgeon please??
    One surgeon that looks good i think is Dr Alan Bauman. What r ur thoughts?
    dgman21, you should be aware of one guy who has posted on the internet the photos of his three strip procedures from Dr. Alan Bauman. The guy now has tree separate scars that are very visible.

Please note that the strip scars are visible with short hair even when a top surgeon does the procedure. My strip scar is very visible with short hair.

Don't make a mistake that you will regret. Good luck with your decision.

Combover,

I am really considering HT surgery of some sort. At first I met with a counselor at Bosley but after reading all these horror stories about them,I dont think i will continue to talk to them. Do you think u can fill me in with your progress and a good surgeon please??
    One surgeon that looks good i think is Dr Alan Bauman. What r ur thoughts?

Sorry, didn't mean for the delay in responding. I'm impressed with Dr. Charles, which is who I went with. I narrowed down my decision between Dr. C and a really great IAHRS surgeon in Minnesota b/c my issue is receding temples and hairline and they both seem to do good work, especially for that issue.

Default Any improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleAgedFool View Post
    Thought I'd shoot out a few updates. Not much growth it seems. Hope this turns out not to be a total loss. I am trying to stay positive and almost got out of my funk and tried to look at the positive, but last night was downer since my haircut got screwed-up. Same shop, but new guy who I told about the situation and said I wanted a 5 guard. You really need to keep your eyes having your hair cut now as the result can be awful. Looks like I got a 3 or maybe a 2 in the end. i think he misjudged where the scar was because of looking down on the head. They really need to be looking at a distance. Called up Bosley in Atlanta and they had some Toppik trials for me. One thing I will say is the Atlanta office has been pretty decent reciprocating. I plan very stern discussion with the Boston office when I am back up there in a few months.

This is pretty strong window lighting with toppik. The left side I did with a lower angle so you can see the barber blunder. The hairline was with less lighting. To me not much to show for 5 months, but still waiting.

Attachment 6119

Attachment 6120

Attachment 6121

Attachment 6122
    Hey MAF, how are things progressing?

Default November Update

Hey CO, thanks for asking. I was actually pondering my options for a bit and off the boards for a while.

I saw Dr. Cooley. He agrees that the left side angualtions are off and that there needs to be some scar revisions. Options are scar revisions with trico closure to get about 500 grafts to fix up the front. Other options is needle the scar a bit first and then do a FUE of about 500. I hate the idea of going numb again and risking another closure. The front I may be willing to live with since my hair is so fine. I am considering some hybrid like a new closure on the couple of inches of the scar great than 4mm. Gotta make a call soon since I don't want to go through any procedure over another summer in the southern us. Got that sucked living under a hat in 90F, humid weather.

Latest photos attached including the worst section of the scar. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Nov 2010 006.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	7525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Nov 2010 007.jpg

Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	7526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Nov 2010 008.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	7527  

Hi there, sorry not replied sooner but missed ur topic. I too went down the BOSLEY route prior to understanding or researching HT's (like many others) so dont beat yourself up.

My advice is dont rush into anything yet - Wait till you are 12 months post op and everything has had chance to settle and establish.

Then look at options.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleAgedFool View Post
    Thought I'd shoot out a few updates. Not much growth it seems. Hope this turns out not to be a total loss. I am trying to stay positive and almost got out of my funk and tried to look at the positive, but last night was downer since my haircut got screwed-up. Same shop, but new guy who I told about the situation and said I wanted a 5 guard. You really need to keep your eyes having your hair cut now as the result can be awful. Looks like I got a 3 or maybe a 2 in the end. i think he misjudged where the scar was because of looking down on the head. They really need to be looking at a distance. Called up Bosley in Atlanta and they had some Toppik trials for me. One thing I will say is the Atlanta office has been pretty decent reciprocating. I plan very stern discussion with the Boston office when I am back up there in a few months.

This is pretty strong window lighting with toppik. The left side I did with a lower angle so you can see the barber blunder. The hairline was with less lighting. To me not much to show for 5 months, but still waiting.

Attachment 6119

Attachment 6120

Attachment 6121

Attachment 6122
    The growth should start to kick in very soon. Some people grow later then others, but you should be seeing a good amount of growth at least by the six month mark. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you