Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SprayPaint
    • Mar 2018

Top 5 FUE Dr's in North America?

Until recently I was pretty set on scheduling an FUT for later this year. My consult suggested in the area of 3000 grafts for repair of a Norwood III hairline.

Having spent time since on forums like this one however, I'm starting to second guess FUT for both scarring and recovery reasons, and wondering if perhaps FUE make more sense in my circumstances. I'd like to start speaking with some surgeons.

That said, if you were asked to list the TOP 5 FUE surgeons in North America (and pretending cost wasn't an issue) who would you list?

Thanks.
  • lexer
    • Jan 2012

Dr Bernstein in NYC.

Comment

• AlviArmani Rep
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2017

Below are critical questions that you need answers to before moving forward with any FUE clinic.

1) Is your Doctor the person doing the FUE harvesting or is a Physician Assistant or technician doing the harvesting?

2) How long has your surgeon been doing FUE and FUE harvesting?

3) How many FUE cases does your doctor perform monthly?

4) If your doctor does both Strip and FUE, Does your doctor perform more strip cases then FUE cases monthly?
      I represent AlviArmani
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View Dr. Hughes IAHRS Profile
      View Dr. Barton IAHRS Profile
      visit our website: www.alviarmani.com

Comment

• SprayPaint
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dr. Baubac Rep
        Below are critical questions that you need answers to before moving forward with any FUE...
        Thanks for these questions to ask.
        Do you have any FUE surgeons that you would recommend who can answer these questions well?
        My problem is first identifying the best FUE docs to then ask these questions to.

Who seems to have the best FUE results?

Comment

• Geo88
          • Mar 2018

I'm in Chicago so I just had a consultation with Dr. Konior who def. Is well respected but he has a year long wait . I am thinking of going to Cali to talk to dr. Baubac because everyone says he is a rockstar for the hairline . That's what I need my hairline restored

Comment

• Geo88
            • Mar 2018

How are you doctor, I want to definitely fly down to Cali and see what we can do with my hairline. I am a Norwood 2 or 3. It's hard to tell but maybe 2.5. I just started propecia , should I wait and see where I am at after the drug does its job?

Comment

• AlviArmani Rep
              Doctor Representative
              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Geo88
              I'm in Chicago so I just had a consultation with Dr. Konior who def. Is well respected but he has a year long wait . I am thinking of going to Cali to talk to dr. Baubac because everyone says he is a rockstar for the hairline . That's what I need my hairline restored
              An in person consultation would be a great idea.
              I represent AlviArmani

Comment

• pkipling
                Inactive
                • Sep 2014

Trying to get a top 5 list of anything in this field is difficult. The same names tend to get thrown around, and while the "heavy hitters" so to speak are undoubtedly very good at what they do, there tends to be a bit of groupthink online when it comes to surgeons (as with anything, anywhere, tbh.) There are a lot of qualified surgeons out there, but unfortunately even more that are unqualified. If you do solid research and make sure you're being thorough in asking the right questions, speaking to former patients, looking at results, and ultimately trusting your gut when it comes to making a final decision, you'll be fine.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• Jackhleaders
                  • Sep 2016

Dr. Cole in Atlanta, Dr. Feller New York. I have had friends go to both and they have had great results. I have done years of research preparing for my first session and after studying all the photos and reading the blogs and now seeing their work first hand I would say they are the best. I think Bernstein crafts a very natural hairline and he calls it "age appropriate" and Cooley in Charlotte does a nice job as well. Good luck!

Comment

• hairlossjedi
                    • May 2018

Dr.Cole did my hairline, I liked it so much I got into the buisness. After 30 years of practice, I 'd say he's one of the best, certainly the most innovative, just imo.

Comment

• AlviArmani Rep
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Aug 2017

A lot of the doctors listed in this thread are excellent.

Something to remember when doing your research, there are literally hundreds of new clinics and doctors world wide popping up left and right trying to do FUE, rather it be strip doctors trying to now convert to FUE and have little experience doing the FUE procedure, or brand new clinics claiming they can do FUE using a NEO GRAFT Machine, ARTAS or some other device.

It is important when considering an FUE doctor to take in to consideration how long they have been doing FUE.

I feel confident in saying that Dr. Baubac has 10 years experience doing FUE. He has been doing FUE procedures only for 10 years.... There are few hair transplant doctors in this field who have been doing only FUE for every single procedure for longer.
                      Last edited by AlviArmani Rep; 05-15-2018, 07:47 AM.
                      I represent AlviArmani

Comment

• AlviArmani Rep
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Aug 2017

Fue harvesting

The other component that was important to me when having my FUE procedure with Dr. Baubac was that, Dr. Baubac does all his own FUE harvesting to ensure a great result. It wasn't a Physicians Assistant (PA) or a technician doing the FUE harvesting while the doctor was in the other room doing consultations, which has become very common practice at a lot of FUE clinics.
                        Last edited by AlviArmani Rep; 05-15-2018, 10:18 AM.
                        I represent AlviArmani

Comment

• JoeTillman
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by hairlossjedi
                          Dr.Cole did my hairline, I liked it so much I got into the buisness. After 30 years of practice, I 'd say he's one of the best, certainly the most innovative, just imo.
                          I know how having a great experience can entire someone into the field. It did the same for me. Which clinic do you work in?
                          Joe Tillman
                          The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                          See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...