How Is This Regime Not Saving My Temples? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    328

    Default How Is This Regime Not Saving My Temples?

    Hi all,

    I'm 23 and used to regularly post on the forums. For the past two years, I've been using the below regime:

    - 0.5mg dutasteride every day
    - 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day
    - 15% minoxidil (w/ azelaic acid 1.5%, finasteride 0.1%, retinoic acid 0.025%, progesterone 0.25%, hydrocortisone 0.1% and biotin 3%) every other day
    - 1.5mm derma roller once a month

    This has maintained excellent density but the receding at my temples has continued (albeit at a much slower rate).

    I recognise that this is a fairly hardcore regime but could it benefit from any changes (e.g. the addition of S5 cream)?

    Are there any glaring errors (perhaps with the formulation of the RU solution)?

    I use minoxidil and RU on alternate days as I don't have time in the evening to apply both.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I would get rid of that ru55581 bullshit I noticed receding temples with that shit myself. Most of the time you don't even know what you are getting with that expiremental drug. The thing that saved my temples and even reversed loss was castor oil , Rosemary & peppermint oil. I also added L carnitine , arginine and lysine all oral supplements at the same time which studies show it is proven to add hair regrowth and thickness. I definitely saw a difference , I believe those supplements do something on a cellular level. They are all good for you so you can't lose either way. I went from Norwood 2.5 to 1.5 . It saved my temples and saved my scalp I can no longer see my scalp in strong lighting

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    106

    Default

    How is that minoxidil 15 % compared to minox 5 % . Goin for you.? I saw a Ten percent product out of India but have not tried it. I saw you mentioned s5 cream , personally I think it's useless, dutasteride and minox. Work way better

  4. #4
    Senior Member k9gatton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    573

    Default

    @Plan C

    Think you should use the Minoxidil/Finasteride solution every day. Would not skip betwen days. It's up to you, but you might
    want to add dermarolling.

    I have not had much success with dermarolling, unfortunately. If you are going to go that route, I would
    get a small needle (one millimeter or less).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo88 View Post
    How is that minoxidil 15 % compared to minox 5 % . Goin for you.? I saw a Ten percent product out of India but have not tried it. I saw you mentioned s5 cream , personally I think it's useless, dutasteride and minox. Work way better
    I do believe it is better than 5%, but it makes me feel very grotty the following morning, which is why I'm hesitant to use it every day.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    @Plan C

    Think you should use the Minoxidil/Finasteride solution every day. Would not skip betwen days. It's up to you, but you might
    want to add dermarolling.

    I have not had much success with dermarolling, unfortunately. If you are going to go that route, I would
    get a small needle (one millimeter or less).
    See point 4 of my list; I am dermarolling every month with a 1.5mm.

    I agree that I need to use minoxidil every day, so I'm considering reverting to 5% minoxidil and using it as the RU carrier (15% compound is a cream).

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo88 View Post
    I would get rid of that ru55581 bullshit I noticed receding temples with that shit myself. Most of the time you don't even know what you are getting with that expiremental drug. The thing that saved my temples and even reversed loss was castor oil , Rosemary & peppermint oil. I also added L carnitine , arginine and lysine all oral supplements at the same time which studies show it is proven to add hair regrowth and thickness. I definitely saw a difference , I believe those supplements do something on a cellular level. They are all good for you so you can't lose either way. I went from Norwood 2.5 to 1.5 . It saved my temples and saved my scalp I can no longer see my scalp in strong lighting
    hey what was your ratio with using the oils topically? ive all the oil in my house. interested i trying this

Similar Threads

  1. Saving sex until marriage and hair loss....
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 04:20 PM
  2. How are Duggar daughters saving sex for marriage? I respect their Mad Self Control!
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 09:52 AM
  3. Help with regime
    By damef1 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM
  4. Been saving 6 years for my first HT... but having second thoughts about FUT
    By z51 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:05 AM
  5. Good shampoo is key to saving your hair
    By vman_oz in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Not sure if I'm balding. Please help.
Today 11:41 AM
Last Post By mrclean
Today 04:32 PM
Best SMP artist in the USA? Looking for a soft, natural hairline!
08-12-2018 04:45 PM
by asdlkj
Last Post By asdlkj
Today 11:27 AM
MTV's Kyle Christie Speaks Out About His Hair Transplant
08-10-2018 08:00 PM
Last Post By Sean
Yesterday 11:42 PM
Looking for Synthetic Chemist for partnership
Yesterday 01:49 PM
Last Post By chemhead
Yesterday 01:49 PM