+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering FUE. Questions.

So I've been losing my hair for about 5 years now and tried many things, fin, dermarolling, oils, etc. I've come to the conclusion that nothing out there will bring back hair and that the technology for that is still far away. I am looking to undergo ht surgery for my hairline and some of the top of my scalp. I've visited with a surgeon locally and asked about the fue technique due to less scarring and he started to me that since I have curly hair this technique will be ineffective(transection) and really tried to push fut on me. Are there any reputable drs out here in the west coast that are experienced with curly hair fue? I have about 8k to spend, will this be enough? I've estimated about ~1500 grafts will yield me the result I'm looking for. I'm about to go in to my 30s and I don't want to wait till I'm 40 to consider this lol. Help me out here fellas. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by d0072 View Post
    So I've been losing my hair for about 5 years now and tried many things, fin, dermarolling, oils, etc. I've come to the conclusion that nothing out there will bring back hair and that the technology for that is still far away. I am looking to undergo ht surgery for my hairline and some of the top of my scalp. I've visited with a surgeon locally and asked about the fue technique due to less scarring and he started to me that since I have curly hair this technique will be ineffective(transection) and really tried to push fut on me. Are there any reputable drs out here in the west coast that are experienced with curly hair fue? I have about 8k to spend, will this be enough? I've estimated about ~1500 grafts will yield me the result I'm looking for. I'm about to go in to my 30s and I don't want to wait till I'm 40 to consider this lol. Help me out here fellas. Thanks a lot.
    Hi, why not do an online consultation with Hasson & Wong in Vancouver, BC? Then perhaps go there for a couple days and do a consultation. It will put your mind at ease. If all you need is 1500 grafts you're in good shape... Stay on finasteride forever also. I recently did a 2600 graft FUE procedure and after a bit of stress, etc I am very happy so far. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by d0072 View Post
    Generally if you have curly hair dr do not want to do the FUE. Your simply going to have more transection than a straight haired person. Even a expert in FUE is likely to transect some hairs. But it never hurts for a second opinion. The plus is you will require less grafts with curly hair

Manual FUE with a surgeon that has great results would be safer. However, with curly hair, i agree with post above that it is likely there is some transection.

FUT would probably yield better buy obviously you may never know the outcome of the scar.

I think Dr Wong may be a good doc to get a consult from to see what are the options and real risks. It may be worthwile getting a consult with him. Beat of luck

How curly is "curly"? If you have tight curls, that's a problem for anyone wanting FUE and I think the best way to approach your kind of hair is with a blunt punch. A blunt punch means your grafts will not be transected so easily. If there is a light wave to your hair then it's not that much of a problem. But reconsider what you're looking at doing. If you haven't already, consider doing nothing and save your money and potential disappointment that could be far worse than your derma rolling routine not delivering what you want.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors