Glycine inhibits finasteride? Side effects gone!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savethehairs
    • Apr 2018

Glycine inhibits finasteride? Side effects gone!

Hi all,

I took 1g glycine a few hours ago, and have noticed some interesting things. My main side effects of finasteride (1mg ED for about 10 days now) have been mostly mental - brain fog and a general malaise. In the past few hours after taking glycine, the brain fog has almost completely lifted, and my mood has come back up to where it was pre-fin.

After doing some research, it seems like there are studies out there stating that glycine upregulates 5-ar (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18367344). Anyone know anything about this / have any experience taking glycine while on fin? Can I keep taking glycine while on fin and have both the effects of fin and the side effect reducing effects of glycine? Honestly if I can keep taking glycine and also maintain the same hair loss reducing effects of fin then this is a major breakthrough for me, though I'm wary that the only reason glycine is doing anything is because it's effectively reversing what finasteride is doing, which means I'll keep losing my hair if I keep taking it.

Also this is definitely not placebo, as I took the glycine for a completely unrelated reason, and did not even know about its potential effects until after feeling its effects.
Working...