+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Considering Quitting Minoxidil After 1 Month Lost So Much Hair (Pics Attached)

hey guys, i am freaking out. i started finasteride 1 pill a day a year ago. nothing really seemed to happen, although i had really not receded that much, no one had noticed and maybe it had slowed things down. anyway i noticed that i was thinning a little more and decided to start minoxidil via rogaine foam 1 month ago (March 14th). within days i had started shedding huge amounts! and since then it has not stopped. This seems like a ridiculous amount to have shed in just one month, especially since shedding can last for a fair while longer, im not sure ill have anything left!

I see some people on some threads saying minoxidil gets rid of the hairs that are going to fall out anyway, and more will grow, although these are strong hairs that are falling out and it seems odd. Even if hairs grow back, will it only be the crappy vellus hairs or would these strong hairs come back normal? My anxiety is through the roof.

Could it be that i am applying too much foam? (I apply a little more than recommended as i have long hair and am trying to reach a lot of areas near my hair line). I don't want to ruin my hairline all together as it was not terrible before but all the guys in my family went bald early, and my hairline is a bit of a mess right now!

This was taken 2 days prior to first applying the minoxidil on March 12th
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 12.16.32 AM.jpg

Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	56501
    23rd March, 9 days in (clear loss of lots of hair at the hairline)

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 12.16.50 AM.jpg

Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	56502
    13th April, 1 month in (my hairline is a bit of a mess! )

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 12.16.58 AM.jpg

Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	56503

Someone please help and tell me if losing such strong hairs is OK or a big sign to stop the treatment. The pictures make it clear about the hairline loss, although to be honest the entire scalp at the front has thinned similarly from the minoxidil. I also started nizoral today for the first time. Thanks!

From the pics you posted... it's barely discernable. How many hairs are you seeing in the comb, shower, pillow? Up to 100 a day is normal. And everyone goes through a growth/shed cycle.

i think its easier to tell in real life. but in the first photo my hairline was basically reasonably strong at the hairline. The second photo a week in the right hand side had gotten considerably weaker. and the last photo the other side had gotten weaker too, thats why there are just a few stray strong hairs left at the very front, and the entirety of my hairline has moved back essentially. I am seeing like. probably more than 100 hairs to be honest. the other day i woke up and i had like probably 100 on the sheet, maybe a bit less. but i would lose more throughout the day as well and huge amounts in the shower.

my worry is, like clearly as my hairline at the very front was much stronger in the first photo, i am losing long, strong hairs. i have seen many of these lost as well as the smaller ones. Is this supposed to happen? because from what ive read the weaker hairs get pushed out to make way for stronger hairs. and i dont want the strong hairs i had before to regrow back as vellus hairs or not at all. Do you know if this is normal and the strong hairs do fall out and are supposed to grow back as well as stronger hair in the region where weaker hair was?

Your help is much appreciated by the way cheers man

I have no personal experience with Minoxidil, and I would hope that others, on here would chime in.

https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/m...aine-shedding/

I just found this article... so, shedding, in the beginning, is NOT uncommon.

Good luck!

BB

I think it really depends on the size of minoxidil aswell. If u quit from a high dose the shedding might be quicker

Does anyone know if losing lots of strong, long hairs in shedding is normal and OK? help is much appreciated

Chances are the strong hairs you’ve seen falling out were actually beginning to weaken and thin.

You can’t see what’s happening at that level, but you do know that shedding of bad/weak hair is normal on Minoxidil, right ? Even if they were going to look bad in three months time, it’s better that the new, stronger hairs are pushing through sooner rather than later.

Without treatment you’re going to go bald anyway, so I’d say keep with the treatment and don’t stop/risk losing all your progress.

Repost with progress pictures in 3,6,9,etc months time. If you feel nothing’s improving, you should contact your doctor for a stronger course of treatment/get blood tests done to determine something better.

Definitely don’t just give up/brush this under the rug.

A loss of hair is mentioned with serious concern for the individuals. The talent of the theme is called for the offers. The mutual way of the bestdissertation review is piled for the loss of the hair for the latest and elitist groups of the world.

Default Real Blogger Outreach

Blogging Internet marketing services can bring into being good traffic for your internet articles sites. When investigate good way, it will be useful to you to build best quality and create higher traffic. Best Guest Posting services experts and internet consultants offer a range of web outreach services to their clients.

Default Car scrap near me

As a buyer or a seller, you should be informed on every aspects of the car. You can also standard repossessed cars for sale with alike brand new cars in other details. You can do this by going internet and visit official web sites of the car scrap near me. If there is car marketer near you, try to visit the brand and gather brochures and reviews. Performing all these things will give you superior judgment on the car you are drafting to bid on.