What hairstyle do you recommend while waiting for FUE hair transplant to grow?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hawaiijedi
    • Sep 2017

What hairstyle do you recommend while waiting for FUE hair transplant to grow?

Hi everyone, I had 3000 grafts via Neograft Fue procedure done on October 4th 2017, so I know I am 6 months out and growth is sparse and still thin, I know that I have to wait for a year to see final results and I may continue to grow thicker and more grafts in the coming months but wanted to know if most of you recommend buzzing it down to a 1 or 2 guard or don't touch the top and just trim sides and back? I shaved it down to a 1 guard the first 3-4 months but started to let it grow when i saw the grafts coming in but since its still thin and need toppik to look decent, I was wondering what you guys recommend hairstyle wise at this point?
    Attached Files
  • hawaiijedi
    • Sep 2017

I’m kinda surprised that not one of you guys had a minute to respond to my question after it had 105 views since I posted it. I’m very disappointed, I thought we’re here to help one another and just wanted advice from what other guys did in this situation while waiting for hair to grow and was curious how much shaved it down and how much let it grow from the beginning. Oh well good luck to everyone, guess my question or questions aren’t welcome here.

Comment

• mrclean
      • Jan 2017

I would keep the sides and back short and let it grow a little at the top. I haven't had Fue but the length in the pictures look pretty good.
      Who did the procedure?

Comment

• hawaiijedi
        • Sep 2017

I had it done by Dr Ferguson from the Ferguson clinic in Honolulu Hawaii.

Comment

• hawaiijedi
          • Sep 2017

Thank you Mrclean for replying as well I was feeling pretty discouraged until I saw your post mucho appreciated!

Comment

• hova82
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by hawaiijedi
            Hi everyone, I had 3000 grafts via Neograft Fue procedure done on October 4th 2017, so I know I am 6 months out and growth is sparse and still thin, I know that I have to wait for a year to see final results and I may continue to grow thicker and more grafts in the coming months but wanted to know if most of you recommend buzzing it down to a 1 or 2 guard or don't touch the top and just trim sides and back? I shaved it down to a 1 guard the first 3-4 months but started to let it grow when i saw the grafts coming in but since its still thin and need toppik to look decent, I was wondering what you guys recommend hairstyle wise at this point?
            Hey, do you have any post op pics? I would just keep it short on sides and let the top start to grow...

Comment

• hawaiijedi
              • Sep 2017

hova82, did you mean post op pics other than the ones I posted in the beginning of the thread, like right after surgery pics??

Comment

• hova82
                • Mar 2018

hova82, did you mean post op pics other than the ones I posted in the beginning of the thread, like right after surgery pics??
                Yep, the right after surgery ones!

Comment

• hawaiijedi
                  • Sep 2017

Here are some post op pics day of and a couple days later
                  Attached Files

Comment

• hova82
                    • Mar 2018

Here are some post op pics day of and a couple days later
                    Thanks dude, I had 2600 FUE done recently so I am interested in seeing others in that range. Will you be going back for another one?

Comment

• hawaiijedi
                      • Sep 2017

I am going to wait for the 12 months mark to see the final results, I noticed in my post op pics that the bald spot in the crown area looked smaller and the grafts looks like it was inserted further back but 7 months later the bald spot in the crown appears larger. It could be that the grafts haven't all grown out yet or it was an illusion. I know that I had a bald spot in crown and they focused majority of the grafts to the hairline and front, but I am hoping that the bald spot decreases in diameter. I am also taking propecia and don't have the money for another procedure and don't want to risk my donor area from looking thin and patchy. It's hard to say for now. I'm curious let me know if you see what I saw regarding the bald spot in crown, did it look smaller in the post op pics or just my imagination lol.

Comment

• hova82
                        • Mar 2018

I am going to wait for the 12 months mark to see the final results, I noticed in my post op pics that the bald spot in the crown area looked smaller and the grafts looks like it was inserted further back but 7 months later the bald spot in the crown appears larger. It could be that the grafts haven't all grown out yet or it was an illusion. I know that I had a bald spot in crown and they focused majority of the grafts to the hairline and front, but I am hoping that the bald spot decreases in diameter. I am also taking propecia and don't have the money for another procedure and don't want to risk my donor area from looking thin and patchy. It's hard to say for now. I'm curious let me know if you see what I saw regarding the bald spot in crown, did it look smaller in the post op pics or just my imagination lol.
                        Hey back, I am new to all of this also. To me, it appears your crown area was not operated on and only the front of your head was. I assume this was their starting point to begin building density. When I started my path towards this I assumed I would go in for one procedure and have a new head of hair after. I realized that there are limitations and part of this is the FUE procedure. I would have liked have had 3000 grafts and more of a hairline and crown but I had confidence in my doctor they did what they could that day without jeopardizing me in any way. I didn't realize this until a post op meeting with my doctor. I do feel I will need another surgery based on my knowledge now.

Comment

• hawaiijedi
                          • Sep 2017

I totally understand how you feel, I thought I would be one and done but after more research and understanding how FUE procedures work, that rarely is possible without overharvesting your precious donor area. My advice to you is wait to see how your results look after 12 months and then assess your donor area and see if it is viable to have a second procedure to fix the crown. How many months out are you from procedure? Do you have any pics to show where your at?

Comment

• hova82
                            • Mar 2018

I totally understand how you feel, I thought I would be one and done but after more research and understanding how FUE procedures work, that rarely is possible without overharvesting your precious donor area. My advice to you is wait to see how your results look after 12 months and then assess your donor area and see if it is viable to have a second procedure to fix the crown. How many months out are you from procedure? Do you have any pics to show where your at?
                            Hey pal, long time... how did everything look after 12 months??

Comment

• Seattlerunner
                              • Aug 2021

What did you ever end up doing with your crown? I'm in the same boat, did a front transplant and have a big bald spot that I need to go back in for.

Comment

Working...