X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pilou123
    • Apr 2018

Not an easy question!

Hello all in this great forum.

I have a question that even experts couldn't answer.

I have around 3000 transplanted grafts, today after 13 days, I can notice that some grafts/hair have grown faster than others, and some have not grown at all. (Talking about transplanted hair only on the top of head, not crown area).

What does this means? Some grafts have died?

Apprecaite your answer to manage the expectations. I know that the result will start showing after 6 months.
  • pilou123
    • Apr 2018

I'm sure someone knows the answer, and I'm many are waiting the answer

Comment

• JoeTillman
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by pilou123
      Hello all in this great forum.

I have a question that even experts couldn't answer.

I have around 3000 transplanted grafts, today after 13 days, I can notice that some grafts/hair have grown faster than others, and some have not grown at all. (Talking about transplanted hair only on the top of head, not crown area).

What does this means? Some grafts have died?

Apprecaite your answer to manage the expectations. I know that the result will start showing after 6 months.
      They aren't growing. During the surgery, they're separated from their blood supply so they all are going into a forced catagen phase, then subsequent telogen phase. Since hairs are separated from the follicle, they are working their way out of the scalp, some faster than others. This is why some of them have already shed, and many more will in the coming weeks. It all happens at variable rates. You might have a few that hang on and start growing right away, but this is the exception, not the rule.
      Joe Tillman
      The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
      See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• pilou123
        • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JoeTillman
        They aren't growing. During the surgery, they're separated from their blood supply so they all are going into a forced catagen phase, then subsequent telogen phase. Since hairs are separated from the follicle, they are working their way out of the scalp, some faster than others. This is why some of them have already shed, and many more will in the coming weeks. It all happens at variable rates. You might have a few that hang on and start growing right away, but this is the exception, not the rule.
        I appreciate your scientific answer, now I'm relaxed about it.

Comment

• JoeTillman
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by pilou123
          I appreciate your scientific answer, now I'm relaxed about it.
          Glad to help. What do you mean it was a question "that the experts couldn't answer"? Did you ask your doctor and they said they didn't know?
          Joe Tillman
          The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
          See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• pilou123
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JoeTillman
            Glad to help. What do you mean it was a question "that the experts couldn't answer"? Did you ask your doctor and they said they didn't know?
            No not the doctor but I've posted before in another forum and there was no real answer from forum expert members.

Comment

Working...