+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Balding after diet change and weight loss.

So i changed my diet went to the gym lost about 45 pounds over the span of a year nothing crazy about a pound or 2 a week. But now my hair is rapidly receding. I'm even getting bald spots on my sideburns, is this normal? And I can see hair miniaturization past the the receding temples. Its worse daily, i can see a spot getting bigger or a new line of miniaturization forming again past my receding hairline. In a year I went from a nw1-3. Any help is appreciated.

There is a big difference between 1-2 pounds a week, and 45 in a year (which is LESS than a pounds a week). That being said, over a course of a year, that is not significant.

Receding can be MPB. Bald spots in your sideburns... the signs of something else. You didn't say how old you are. Have you been to a doctor to get some blood work done?

Ive had bloodwork done everything looked good, but i didnt get everything tested like my hormones. Im 33, ya it was more like a pound a week.

33 is not too young to start losing your hair. I would get hormones checked, for sure.

What is your diet?

A typical bodybuilding diet more healthy stuff less crap. I eat alot of more vegetables fruits, yogurt probiotic kind, lowdat diary, nuts (almonds,peanuts, pitaschios), beef jerky, lean meats, healthy seafood (tuna, salmon, shrimp). I mean sometimes ill cheat and eat some pizza or a burger but not very often. So higher protein, moderate carbohydrate diet and lower fat. I also took up drinking coffee but only like at worst 3-4 cups a day I usually just have a coffee before I goto the gym. I read that my balding could be retrograde alopecia or something since i have thinning on my sideburns, not sure entirely. Maybe my losing weight slowly is speeding it up since my body is in a catabolic state. Im trying to find a picture of someone with something similar to my balding but haven't found it yet, The miniaturization of hair past the receding and my right side seems to be alot worse then my left but that also seems to happen to alot of guys. My hair is flying off my head fast, I notice my hair has new spot or grown bigger overnight. I was norwood 1 at worst before the sped up happened and the only thing i really changed was my diet and going to the gym.

That could be either case of more test and converting to DHT. I would supplement with a good multi vitamin and minerals.

You use anything for Hairloss? MPB rum in your family.?

On my dads side but he didnt lose his till he was 50-60, none of my moms. I mean I knew my hair was gonna go sooner or later. I just didn't expect it to be so rapid, I'll be bald in a year or 2 at this point. Basically i went from nw1 from 22 to now, now its just firing off my head. I was just hoping maybe I could pinpoint something to slow it down. My diet is good, I take a multivitamin everyday, I mean maybe my hormones changed because of dieting and exercise. Its just something I gotta accept that baldness is in my near future. No I also don't take anything to treat it because the options seem pretty shit at this point.

It really depends on the diet you were having.. It is not so common so you better had to check yourself at the doctor.

Well, I know it is an old thread but now I am on the beginning of the weight loss journey and am searching for any kind of information, and bumped into this thread. I hope if I begin a strict diet I don't go bald...