+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant or NOT ? (Photos inside)

Hello people,

i've been reading a lot of threads over here, and now I guess i gained confidence in the forum I will ask my questions. But before I will give u general info:

Hair type: fine
    Density where I have hair: average
    Problem: receding hairline (4A I guess) - Photos below

I live in Canada, and finally decided to take care of my hair. I started using Rogaine (recently) to gain a bit more thickness, but I am considering to do a hair transplant at Dr.Rahal's clinic. I might lose more hair in the crown (density is a bit below average) but I want to go very conservative in my approach as I think I might need another one when I get older (especially if I don't take care of my hair like I used to).

What are your thoughts of getting a hair transplant. I consulted Dr Rahal in person and he drew me a conservative hairline that matches my hair density (upon my request). So we concluded that he will use around 1300 GRAFTS (FUE) to do a touch-up/hair transplant.

1- What are your general thoughts and are my expectations reasonable?
    2- Any feedback about Dr.Rahal ? I sent some photos to Dr.Hasson&Wong (without details about my expectations), the clinic recommended me not to get a hair transplant: "Your final pattern of loss is aggressive and your donor reserves are limited. It would not be in your interest in their opinion to have a procedure".

Photos below: taken before and after shaving (so it might look longer on some photos).
    Photo #4 is what we agreed on Dr.Rahal and I.

Thank you !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	56434   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	56435   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	56436   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	56437   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	56438   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	56439  

Quote Originally Posted by bariwi19 View Post
    Hello people,

i've been reading a lot of threads over here, and now I guess i gained confidence in the forum I will ask my questions. But before I will give u general info:

Hair type: fine
    Density where I have hair: average
    Problem: receding hairline (4A I guess) - Photos below

I live in Canada, and finally decided to take care of my hair. I started using Rogaine (recently) to gain a bit more thickness, but I am considering to do a hair transplant at Dr.Rahal's clinic. I might lose more hair in the crown (density is a bit below average) but I want to go very conservative in my approach as I think I might need another one when I get older (especially if I don't take care of my hair like I used to).

What are your thoughts of getting a hair transplant. I consulted Dr Rahal in person and he drew me a conservative hairline that matches my hair density (upon my request). So we concluded that he will use around 1300 GRAFTS (FUE) to do a touch-up/hair transplant.

1- What are your general thoughts and are my expectations reasonable?
    2- Any feedback about Dr.Rahal ? I sent some photos to Dr.Hasson&Wong (without details about my expectations), the clinic recommended me not to get a hair transplant: "Your final pattern of loss is aggressive and your donor reserves are limited. It would not be in your interest in their opinion to have a procedure".

Photos below: taken before and after shaving (so it might look longer on some photos).
    Photo #4 is what we agreed on Dr.Rahal and I.

Thank you !
    I wouldn't do it anytime soon. Exhaust all non-surgical options, and get on board with finasteride, be it oral or topical. You may thicken the top and the back over the course of about a year.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thank you for the reply. However, I will never take Finasteride due to its side effects and I am still young. But i'm not insisting to do it, I just want to have a second opnion in order to know if it is a good decision to make the HT now.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. However, I will never take Finasteride due to its side effects and I am still young. But i'm not insisting to do it, I just want to have a second opnion in order to know if it is a good decision to make the HT now.

Thank you
    It is my opinion that no 25 year old with borderline characteristics should consider hair restoration with surgery until they've seen positive effects with medical prevention. If you decide to move forward, please at least consider topical finasteride. I'm making a video about topical finasteride, and the myth's that surround it, which should be released today. Go to my Youtube channel and subscribe so you'll get a notification when it is uploaded.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thank you
    First I wouldn't recommend anyone with aggressive loss at a young age get a transplant because you are always going to be chasing the problem. You will need multiple procedures to catch up to your loss. Its highly likely you will end up as a NW6 or 7 without propecia. Also 1300 grafts isn't going to be enough to do much. I suppose you could rebuild the front half with a very conservative hairline and then if you lose the crown just live with it, that is a fairly common balding pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    First I wouldn't recommend anyone with aggressive loss at a young age get a transplant because you are always going to be chasing the problem. You will need multiple procedures to catch up to your loss. Its highly likely you will end up as a NW6 or 7 without propecia. Also 1300 grafts isn't going to be enough to do much. I suppose you could rebuild the front half with a very conservative hairline and then if you lose the crown just live with it, that is a fairly common balding pattern.
    Thank you all for the replies, I think as a first step, I will continue my Rogaine (foam) treatment (which I just started 2 weeks ago) and I will consider PRP sessions to boost the growth/"re"-growth. I don't really have a complex with having a receding hairline, I always used to have a large forehead since I was young. Moreover, I will continue to shave my hair at very short length since it doesn't look nice on me otherwise (whether I have a full head or not).

I was losing my hair for the last 3-4 years, so I still have hopes to regain some of the lost hairs (I can see very very thin and short hair when I zoom into my scalp).