+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I buzzcut? 24yrs

Hello everybody,

Since I was 16 I saw my hair thinning on top. Now I'm 24 years old and I can't say my hair is drastically thinning now. I saw that the baldingprocess is going very slowly but still I always liked my hair. So I had a combover haircut for a long time.

When I became older this wasn't an option anymore (too much baldness). So now I have a more shorter cut and I'm doubting to buzz it all of. My question is when I buzz my hair off, will it be worser than this haircut or better for me. Also when I buzzcut my hair, is it still thinner on top in my situation? My barber would say yes, but I'm doubting about that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180403_120520.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	56401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180403_120510.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	56402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180403_120516.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	56403  

Either look is fine. However, If you buzz cut and get used to it then you can potentially have a more freeing experience of not having to worry about it and just accept it. Believe me, when your my age 52 the buzz look is great! Whatever you do do not get a hair transplant like I did wen I was 24. It can turn into a game that you chase your whole life.

As far as looking thinner on top, with the buzz cut I would say yes because you no longer have anything to comb over. However, it shows more confidence if you don't comb it over.

I recommend to go for the Jason Statham look. Sorry to say, but your hairloss is very advanced and that looks like the only option for you at this point. The good news is your facial aesthetics aren't bad (good nose, headshape doesn't look too bad, facial hair looks good). Also, looks like you've got biceps. Hair loss sucks at 24, but if you increase muscle mass and take care of your face, by the time you're 30 you'll look better than most your age, and enough to not care too much about the hair.

I've got an alien-sized forehead and a giant, round nose, pale skin like you, so I've been imprisoned to HTs, concealers, and now topical finasteride from Canada. If I didn't look crazy bald, I'd wish I never bothered with it and focused on fitness and career more instead. If you're still holding on, you can try Dermmatch, which is the only concealer that actually works worth a damn (covers giant gaps and stays on).

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer8 View Post
    Either look is fine. However, If you buzz cut and get used to it then you can potentially have a more freeing experience of not having to worry about it and just accept it. Believe me, when your my age 52 the buzz look is great! Whatever you do do not get a hair transplant like I did wen I was 24. It can turn into a game that you chase your whole life.

As far as looking thinner on top, with the buzz cut I would say yes because you no longer have anything to comb over. However, it shows more confidence if you don't comb it over.
    The buzz cut might make his hair look thicker. hairline still looks pretty solid.

I would try the buzzcut. You have diffuse hair loss. The shorter cut may look better!

I think I'll try the buzzcut then. Any tips for the buzzcut?Should I do it by myself or the barbershop?

Quote Originally Posted by vlameman View Post
    I think I'll try the buzzcut then. Any tips for the buzzcut?Should I do it by myself or the barbershop?
    The first time, do it at the barbers, then you can start longer, and go shorter until you find a length you like. Then, find out the length (either in #001, etc or in mm), and buy a GOOD pair of clippers (Oster, for example) in that length, and do it yourself, at home.

And you can fade the sideburns (certainly you should keep the beard).

Good luck, post results!

Quote Originally Posted by vlameman View Post
    How did the buzz cut go? Are you happy with it?