+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you wig?

Default How do you wig?

What up guys.

To keep it short:
    I think that a wig is the option me, I want to get a mens wig from HIM. I have never worn a wig, I want all the information you can give me that would help me with wearing a wig.

Here is the longer version:

I started out combing my head to hide thinning areas in my late teens. Into my twenties I started using minoxidil and finesteride, coupled with concealing hair fibres. Now I am into MMA and I pretty much have to get a buzzcut.

Thing is, I have what we call cute face and people don't like me when I don't have hair. I have had buzzcuts in the summer, my family doesn't like it, my cat hisses at me, my girls complain, I don't get a job as easily. I don't mind having a buzzcut, it is practical, I have had it lots of times. Also, I like seeing myself with hair in pictures and in the mirror.

So, I am going with the wig option. I need something I can wear to work and all day, perhaps even sleep with. And then take off when I go to practise some hardcore MMA. God bless these guys, they are totally down with me having a buzzcut, wearing a wig or whatever. They are real men, they get it.

I don't know how to wear a wig. I am about to spend, what to me, seems like a huge chunk of money. I want to get a wig by HIM. Do good maintenance to make it last as long as possible. Wear it as well as possible. Make sure it doesn't blow off in the wind and so on. I know nothing about this. I see people using glue and tape. I thought you just put the wig on, but obviously I have much to learn.

So... I need a wig I can wear 20hours a day, and not wear 4 hours a day. If possible, I want the option of sleeping with the wig on. And I want to make sure that it doesn't blow off, while I'm on a boat, and dissapears at sea.

Wig? Or hair system? There is quite a difference. Or are you just basically, ****ing with us?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Wig? Or hair system? There is quite a difference. Or are you just basically, ****ing with us?
    No mate, absolutely not trolling or trying to waste anyones time.

I am thinking of getting a wig from HIM, hairuwear. I thought I had explained the situation pretty well, but here we go again:

I don't like looking at the mirror and see bald/buzzcut me staring back. But I practise BJJ and I am put in a headlock that I have to fight my hair loss stricken scalp out of. Its not a good look, I can assure you. I have looked into every other option, like propecia, minoxidil, finestaride, dusteride, hair systems and so on.

For what I need it to do, I need a wig. Imagine if I wear a glued hairsystem in my sport, its gonna get ripped off. Because, I need bald or buzzcut for my hobby and thick lucious real looking hair for my career.

But I have never had a wig before. I am looking into stuff about it right now. It seems to be a lot of things that you need to know, like:

1. some wigs can take heat, others are destroyed by heat
    2. never stretch the wig
    3. wash in cold water
    4. front and sides must be glued by tape
    5. wigs have different structures with different perks
    6. never bathe with a wig

and the list goes on. The wig I am looking at is pretty expernsive, so I want to treat it right at keep it for long.

So if I understand what you are saying, you want a wig for when you are NOT fighting... so then I understand why a hair system won't work, since you can't shave off part of your hair to stick on a system.

I can't help you, sorry. I bet you are not likely to find a lot of help, here. Good luck.

Hey mate. You might like to investigate a “full cap hair system”. Hair Direct do them and there’s this guy who sports one quite well http://www.hairdirect.com/photos/Before-After/jrob.aspx

If you think the pictures are cool, here’s a video of him putting the thing on https://youtu.be/FrB33iSPttw Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    So if I understand what you are saying, you want a wig for when you are NOT fighting... so then I understand why a hair system won't work, since you can't shave off part of your hair to stick on a system.

I can't help you, sorry. I bet you are not likely to find a lot of help, here. Good luck.
    I have actually settled on a sollution I am very happy with now. Perhaps I will make a thread for people in my situation that you giys can have here as a guide to wigs for men.

I bet lots of people have situations where a wig is the best answer.

Also, this does not exclude the use of a hairsystem. In the summer I would wear one, because there is no grappling.